New laws to crack down on begging

Think I’ve only given someone on the street money 3 or 4 times in my life. And that was only when they didn’t even ask for it and I felt sorry for them in the cold or rain (or I was locked).
Always annoys me when the skangers are hanging around ATM’s. Yiz no more want money for a hostel yiz cunts…

The Government has announced that it will introduce new laws to crack down on begging.

Minister for Justice Dermot Ahern revealed the proposals this afternoon, which will see the first reform in laws on begging since the Famine.

Speaking on RT News at One, Minister Ahern said: ‘There are various reasons why the law on begging needs to be reformed, not least the fact that some vulnerable members of the public are often fearful when approached on the street by individuals begging.’

The minister said that begging will become an offence where it is accompanied by unacceptable behaviours such as harassment, obstruction or intimidation.

He went on to highlight a new power that will enable garda to direct persons who are begging to desist, and a failure to comply may result in an arrest and charge.

He feels this new power will prove to be an effective addition to garda enforcement options.

The minister expects to publish a Bill within the next few months which will give effect to the proposals approved today by the Government.

I’ve an easy way of dealing with these coonts…

The worst is when the are right beside the ATM and look at you just as you reach the top of the line.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Think I’ve only given someone on the street money 3 or 4 times in my life. And that was only when they didn’t even ask for it and I felt sorry for them in the cold or rain (or I was locked).
Always annoys me when the skangers are hanging around ATM’s. Yiz no more want money for a hostel yiz cunts…[/quote]

Am over 8 years in Dublin now and have never seen an Irish person harass anyone for money.

Nearly knocked out some Romanian (I think) women with a mouth full of gold teeth a few years ago. Followed me the whole way down Grafton street running in front of me and trying to pull my arms out of my pockets looking for money. Lucky I was sober cos I would have hit them after a few drinks I’d say.

The worst are those coonts that hang around outside Keoghs when you’re drinking there on a Firday. There must be a whole fooking family of them and one comes around every 5 mins. They have the cheek to give out when you don’t give them cash aswell. Fook off you smelly cunt, no i can’t spare any change, i’m trying to enjoy a few expensive pints here, before blowing a wad of cash on vodka and possibly dropping the odd 20 on the ground while stumbling home locked.

Has anyone ever bought or know someone who’s bought the “Big Issue”?
Not me anyway.

You do come out with a classic regular enough Jugs.

Tip of the cap.

begging FFS

there’s a whole raft of laws that ned to be passed before this shit e.g budget, new criminal justice act, misuse of drugs act etc, etc

Lads, some perspective please. Jugs, it’s hardly as it they made a decision to harangue you outside Kehoe’s and it’s not as if they had a choice. Indeed, it’s a well known fact that beggers can’t be choosers.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Has anyone ever bought or know someone who’s bought the “Big Issue”?
Not me anyway.[/quote]

The coonts are probably still selling the same issue since 1994. Can’t see any publisher bothering to print regular updated issues of shit like that. How many different articles on begging can be written?

Its always women you see giving them money. Always.

One of those Roma ladies gave me a few digs on the arm outside Kehoe’s a few months back one Friday evening. I was telling Jugs some shit story or other and she butted in looking for money and I said ‘no’. Then I resumed speaking to Dewey and she started tugging out of the arm of my jacket and whining and going ‘please, please, some money’ etc etc and I ignored her. Then she started tugging it (my jacket) harder so I turned around and said ‘fook off’ and she belted me.

A fellah asked me for money one day and I actually was in a fierce hurry to catch a bus and I said no and he replied “Ah go on, I only want it for drink”…he made me laugh so I gave him a few coins.

I generally don’t give them anything but sometimes when they come right up to you and ask for it and make eye contact I find it hard to say no. Especially to the woman beggers. Not the foreign ones now but the Irish ones…does that make me a racist?

I only give the odd coin to an Irish beggar too, if he looks the part. Shur the foreign lads are professionals.

In Busaras in 2000 an Irish junkie asked me for some money, though not very politely. I declined, very politely, explaining I had no change on me (which was true). He then king hit me, putting me through a plate glass window and knocking out 2 teeth.
Somehow I managed to get up and break his nose before he fucked off. The Store Street boys got him 10 minutes later and he got 19 months.

Obviously there has been an influx of immigrant beggars, but annoyance and violence is not purely an immigrant issue. There’s plenty of Irish fuckers who would saw off your balls for a quick Euro.

Oh, and I regularly buy the Big Issue. At least these people are trying to make something of their lives, they should be supported.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Has anyone ever bought or know someone who’s bought the “Big Issue”?
Not me anyway.[/quote]

I buy it off the same old fella about once a month. He is quite pleasant and friendly. To be fair they buy it from the company and sell it to the public for a profit so I would say it gives them a great amount of satisfaction. Also I think they agree not to harass people when they are selling it.

He gave me a christmas card last year as well, which I thought was outstanding after sales service!

[quote=“Fitzy”]In Busaras in 2000 an Irish junkie asked me for some money, though not very politely. I declined, very politely, explaining I had no change on me (which was true). He then king hit me, putting me through a plate glass window and knocking out 2 teeth.
Somehow I managed to get up and break his nose before he fucked off. The Store Street boys got him 10 minutes later and he got 19 months.

[/quote]

Good man the Brawler!

a roma one stole a purse from a friend of mine outside copperes one night. few of them standing around chatting, and yer one comes up with the roses to her boyfriend. all please please, for the woman. anyway, she fooked off rather quickly, and when my friend went to get something out of her bag, she realised her purse was gone. her fella ran after the roma one and caught her and yer one just dropped the purse and kept going. first time I’d heard them actually robbing someone.

when I was in LA, there was this drunk homeless guy in Venice Beach, and he was funny as fook. He had a sign in front of him saying ‘help buy beer so I dont go sober and realise I’m a bum’ and singing a load of songs. ‘jingle bells, jingle bells, I want to get drunk’. I still didnt give him any money tho, begging in America is unreal. give one lad a dollar or a cigarette, and about 50 leeches just appear from no where looking for stuff off you. Lad I was with out there smoked, but he gave up smoking in public because he was just being hassled the whole time for smokes.

I’d give the odd lad a cigarette if he asked for one but rarely if ever give coins.

The Romas are right cunts entirely. They’re the scourge of Europe and then you’ve fuckers like Pavee Point trying to defend the cunts.

They used to hang out outside one of the churches in Galway harassing the old people as they came out of mass. Even the priest told them not to give the fuckers money.

Another trick of theirs according to a Garda friend of mine is when holding one of their gazillion kids is to pinch the baby to make it cry. In Sligo you’d see the same lad in a wheelchair during the day begging selling roses outside a nightclub at night. Classic stuff.

A quick dose of the Polish word to fuck off usually gets rid of them Pronounced “cooor vah”

The foreign ones who knock on your car window drive me mad altogether. They used to be just confined to the junction of the Naas dual carraigeway and the long mile road, and the red cow but recently I’ve seen them at it in town. Someone will knock one down someday and end up in trouble with the law.