New laws to crack down on begging

[quote=“Mac”]Am over 8 years in Dublin now and have never seen an Irish person harass anyone for money.

Nearly knocked out some Romanian (I think) women with a mouth full of gold teeth a few years ago. Followed me the whole way down Grafton street running in front of me and trying to pull my arms out of my pockets looking for money. Lucky I was sober cos I would have hit them after a few drinks I’d say.[/quote]

Same here,

On Saturday at the Naas Rd Kylemore Rd junction a lad passed a biro with a note rolled around it in through the window, he walked off and then came running and started hammering on the window. I thought it was a Freebie, like the lollipops and other fudgies the radio stations hand out. But theFucker was looking for money for the biro.

I fucked the pen, and handful of copper out onto the road.

You’d never see a paddy scrounge like that.

You are All Heart MGG, All Heart.

why didn’t he just say he was selling biros?

Fuck off with your snide all hearts.
I give, and I do it without being asked.

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]why didn’t he just say he was selling biros?

[/quote]

He obviously had that written on the note!

no he didn’t

Has anyone any positive stories involving beggers? There’s a homeless auld lad who hangs around UCD and gets his meals for free in the canteen every day. The story went around that this was because he disturbed a lad who was attacking a girl late at night when she was walking through campus and chased him off. Go on the beggers.

I bummed a fag off a begger one night. Altho I did give him 3 euro for it. I also don’t smoke which makes it all the stranger.

You rode a begger’s gay lover and paid him 3 for allowing it to happen?

Never had any real problems with them personally. I remember one of the Romanians stopping a group of us once on Grafton Street looking for cash. One of the lads said something smart back like ‘No – I’m alright for money thanks’ and she let him pass and then followed him down the street making some sort of weird hand gestures towards his head. She was putting a curse on him was all I could take from it.

Heard a story once about this young wan who was begging on O’Connell Bridge. Some other older bloke came up to her and took up her cup and saw that there was fook all cash in it. He then proceeded to literally beat the shite out of her for not getting enough and nobody stood in to stop him. Mind you the bloke that told me he witnessed this lamented the fact that no one intervened even though he was there himself.

Another story I heard was from a lad who was leaving a restaurant in New York with a doggie bag. He was stopped by a beggar and he decided to give him the contents of the doggie bag which was a couple of slices of pizza. Yer man goes ‘ugh pizza’ to which my mate replied…….

… Beggars cant be choosers

Yes, thats exactly it Bandage

That beggars belief.

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]why didn’t he just say he was selling biros?

Fuck off with your snide all hearts.
I give, and I do it without being asked.[/quote]

MGG= Roy Keane :stuck_out_tongue:

get it right
Dr Keane

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]
I give, and I do it without being asked.[/quote]

so i’ve heard maire !!

Oooooooooiiiiiiiiiii.

beggars are ok, never had a problem with them.

chuggers, on the other hand, should be fucked off the streets.

pricks.

You lot seem to have a lot of problems with these fuckers. Me on the other hand being hard as fuck just has to look at the cunts and they run a mile.

there you have it folks, flano’s erection frightens beggars

I jab it in their eye :smiley: