New Server

If you can read this then you’re on the new server.

There are a few likely problems with the site in the next couple of days when everything is resolved.

1. Articles section needs fixing
  2. Some links to images are probably broken

Any other performance issues or anything that needs fixing let me know here.

Great to be back Rocko.

I’ll miss Ox Tail or whatever that chap’s name on the old place was though.

Yeah he was quite the character. Just wish he’d register here.

Well managed Rocko. Was wondering what I’d do in work tomorrow but the timing of the move has worked out nicely.

Good to be back. The other board seemed rundown compared to the luxury surroundings on here.

Anyone getting errors when they try to post a new thread?

Must be new shite filter they installed.

Any more specific FLano? Is it stopping you posting or just warnings? If it mentions vbslideshow then it’s related to the error on the front page and I’ll fix it tonight hopefully.

I just did a “testarooney” there and yeah it’s something to do with vbslideshow alright.

Just noticed there when you use the quick edit function that it saves but doesn’t reset/redicect back to the post

Yep. I love all the excitement of moving to a new home.

I believe it is one of the msot stressful things you can do flano

Ahhh, new car smell

What a pain in the hole. Fucking hell. Ive spent the last 15 minutes trying to figure out why I kept getting the “We have moved servers…” message. I finally decided to restart my wifi connection and that did the job.

You should have tried that at the start - might have saved you the best part of 15 minutes.

When I use the quick links to new posts on the front page that message still appears. Whats the story?

I don’t know if I’m the only one but most of the buttons along the top of the page aren’t bringing me to where they’re supposed to. I’m getting the:

“We have moved servers. The domain www.thefreekick.com will take a while to reflect the new site lcoation. If you’re still seeing this message then you need to just wait another short while for the changes to effect or maybe you need to restart your browser and clear the cache. If you can stil see this message and it’s not Sunday evening anymore then something has gone horribly wrong.”

[quote=“Flano”]I don’t know if I’m the only one but most of the buttons along the top of the page aren’t bringing me to where they’re supposed to. I’m getting the:

“We have moved servers. The domain www.thefreekick.com will take a while to reflect the new site lcoation. If you’re still seeing this message then you need to just wait another short while for the changes to effect or maybe you need to restart your browser and clear the cache. If you can stil see this message and it’s not Sunday evening anymore then something has gone horribly wrong.”[/quote]

I think that’s just you Flano - at least it’s not happening for me anyway. Have you cleared your browser’s cache and everything.

Let me know if that’s still the case, shouldn’t be.

When I use the quick links to new posts on the front page that message still appears. Whats the story?

The same message about moving servers? If so it’s the same as the other problem.

Sorry about the late response. The message started appearing for every page I tried to get on. It looks to be sorted now.

Move the satellite on the top of the caravan Flano and you’ll be sorted