New Server

I’ve had to log in through a proxy. I don’t know what the fuck is going with that message appearing. Its back again for everything.

Still getting the message, whats the dealio?

It could be something to do with your DNS server not replicating and updating the new information. A lot of them only replicate every 24hrs so maybe it’ll be sorted once it replicates today?

I reckon you’re right there Runt. I was restarting my router, renewing ip addresses etc all to no avail. Sure I’ll see what the craic is when I get home today.

Nah, I was getting in, then it was shutting me out, over and over and over. From a few different log in sources too.

Got that message last night myself and couldn’t get in at all from my laptop at home

Im the same as fran, got on eventually yday in work but cant get on at home.

restarted my broswer (got very fancy updated version of internet explorer after about an hour of trying to figure out WTF was going on)but still couldnt access from laptop. Kept getting the famous message

No idea how to clear the cache and help on the computwer wasnt helping

[quote=“dancarter”]Im the same as fran, got on eventually yday in work but cant get on at home.

restarted my broswer (got very fancy updated version of internet explorer after about an hour of trying to figure out WTF was going on)but still couldnt access from laptop. Kept getting the famous message

No idea how to clear the cache and help on the computwer wasnt helping[/quote]

Fuck IE, get Safari, its the dogs bollocks.

small bit advanced for me MBB Id say, no idea what your talking about

Well all I can say is I know what Im at and I did get access briefly yesterday at home but then it went back to that message. Something aint quite right you got the devil on your side standing to the left come on…

Those of ye who are still being directed to the old server:

1. How did ye try and get to the site was it www.thefreekick.com or thefreekick.com?

2. If ye are still having issues in the short term you can access the site via
    http://stagingphp5.globalgold.co.uk/thefreekick/public_html/vbforum/

3. Is it happening across all browsers and all connections?

I’ll try and sort as much of it as I can but if the change has populated for most people it looks like local issues. Don’t really know though, not my area of expertise.

Hmm, all I know is thatI have emptied the cache, cleared my history and files, and logged back in, to get redirected still to the old server on both IE and Safari at two different IP addresses. I’m on now though and havent had the problem since yesterday.

It really does sound like DNS replication issues. I came across very similar issues after moving the company website a few months back and it was all down to it taking our DNS server ages to reflect the changes in the sites www records.

Right, thanks for that. Seems to have taken fecking ages for some people but the TTL was supposed to be 4 hours for the changeover.

If anyone knows the ip address of the old site can they let me know. I can’t remember it but I’d like to go back there and change the Notice on the front page with that other link to this server so people can use it. I’ll know it at home but limited in what I can do here.

You know more about this than me - are these DNS replication issues at the ISP end or at the website’s end of things.

It shouldn’t really be anything complicated becasue the domain hasn’t even transferred fully yet. It was just URL forwarding that was supposed to take care of it but it was giving me (and the new host) awful problems.

[quote=“therock67”]You know more about this than me - are these DNS replication issues at the ISP end or at the website’s end of things.

It shouldn’t really be anything complicated becasue the domain hasn’t even transferred fully yet. It was just URL forwarding that was supposed to take care of it but it was giving me (and the new host) awful problems.[/quote]

It should be sorted by whatever company hosts your MX/www/A records. In my case it was BT. They never put through the change on the first day and they only put through changes once a day at 5pm, so once that was missed, I had to wait another 24hrs for them to make the change, and then another few hours for our own DNS server to reflect the change. So the fact that the majority of us can see the site it means that the MX/www/A records have been updated but it could be that individual DNS servers have not picked up the changes. This should happen at the ISP end.

I would have thought they would all have picked them up by now though.

Yeah seems weird that it’s taking that long for some ISPs but they’re not big on quality of service some of them.

It’s the hosts of the A Records etc. that caused all the problems. Moving it away from them shortly anyway. Hopefully that’s more straightforward.

Just managed to get back on. Been getting that message for the last day and half. What the be jaysus is going on?

Padjo sent you a message there but presume you got logged in before I managed to send it to you.

Great panic caused by this whole shenanigans. I blame The Runt because he understands it but hasn’t come up with a viable solution.

The message has reappeared for me. Im going to fooking lose it. No logical explanation why I have access one minute and then not.