New York City the greatest city on earth

I am home now but I took this the other night as New York the city that never sleeps slept

6 Likes

Looks like everyone is gone to bed

So much for the city that never sleeps.

1 Like

I’m a couple of blocks from this explosion that’s rained asbestos everywhere in the Flatiron district.

1 Like

Quick! Run up there… there might be another one!

2 Likes

Mood of the forum post here.

Stay safe, pal.

Sounds like an absolute nightmare for residents. Shut out of their homes for god only knows how long, relying on ConEd and the de Blasio administration for assistance.

Weird/mentally unstable rating.

Huh

Signing in…

20 Likes

You don’t look overly impressed with your toast.

1 Like

Two of the old guard staff still there. :clap:

There is very minimal changing of staff there which says it all for Scotty himself the man. I’d say there’s staff there 30 years and more.

4 Likes

Theo looked after us very well.

What did you get do you mind me asking? And I presume it was breakfast time you went in?

Was in just before 11am. I had an omelette with bacon. Place was very busy so had to wait five minutes for a seat. Quietened down a lot by 11:30.

2 Likes

Are you there alone or is the itinerary for you and your wife a 3 star diner and the Liverpool game

1 Like

I am in the States with the entire family for a few weeks pal.

2 Likes

Ok

1 Like

I hope they gave you fried potatoes on the side with the omelette?

Would you see yourself going back there every morning now for the remainder of your trip?

If I was on my own I would go back again. It’s walkable from where I’m staying. Got the fried potatoes alright.