Next Celtic Manager

I’d be happy with Mazzarri.

Anything in this ??

No

No. There’s a takeover happening at Ipswich and they are lining up Paul Cooke as their manager. I’d say Lambert just got sick of them.

Hasn’t done great this season.

No. Turning out that his best days are behind him.

He looked like a great manager at Norwich. Never seem to recover from a poorish spell with Villa.

1 Like

What became of Owen Coyle ??

Worrying Kennedy is 8/15 fav at the minute?

The Celtic board surely can’t have read the room that wrong, can they?

Had a look at some of the names mentioned. For me the standout candidates are in order of their odds rather than preference.

Howe 8/1
Martinez 10/1
Tripsovsky 22/1
Favre 28/1
Jardim 33/1
Vilas Boas 40/1
Bordalos 40/1
Ragnick 50/1

For me that’s the type of calibre we should be sounding out about the job.

I really like the prospect of someone like Bordalos given the job. I think he has experience and a very good track record in recent seasons. Seems to have done a wonderful job with Getafe who are ran on a shoestring budget.

Seamus Coleman would be a good signing for Celtic. Would sort out the right back problem. Has 2 good years in him and i think Everton would sell.

1 Like

I would think there would be a huge gap in wages there

I can’t imagine Coleman would want to leave Everton when they are on the cusp of European qualification though. He’s the club captain and still starts on a regular basis. Maybe when he’s been gently fazed out of the team.

Unless he’s on a free I can’t see Celtic being interested.

He goes against our model.

You hardly need to get some flashy Italian or Spanish manager to manage in a pub league like the League of Scotland? They’d be a lot of use on a wet and cold Tuesday night up in the wilds of the Scottish Highlands in Dingwall or Inverness. Keep it local surely has to be the mantra for Glasgow Celtic?

1 Like

I would love to see John Hughes get a chance .

Who’s he now and what are his credentials in the League of Scotland?

Managing Ross County . A fiery Scot who would take no shit

1 Like

He sounds like the man for the job. Would he able to name all 10 of the IRA terrorists who died on Hunger Strike in 1981? That is seemingly now a pre-requisite to getting the gig.

1 Like

Despite his playing style his teams play great football