Next Celtic Manager

Unless he issues an apology for Tallaght then I continue to be with the GB

2 Likes

Endorsed.

I’m not onboard either

1 Like

If Rodgers had stayed we’d have won 10 in a row.

He’s a Cunt.

1 Like

Genuine question here btw, why are people so forgiving of how he left us and its all been forgotten in the last week? Certainly wasn’t the mood in the trenches for the last 4 years

The same reason the scotch celtic supporters complain about republican songs. The same reason @Rocko wouldnt apologise to @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy . The same reason cunts in the 26 counties complain about russia invading Ukraine when the brits are still in the 6 counties. The same reason people say SF will wreck the country when anyone under 32 cant afford a house yet the country is supposedly awash with money.

The GB know…

4 Likes

Is the Champions League format changing after the 23/24 season? More guaranteed games=much more money so winning the league in 23/24 is vital. I think having an experienced and elite(no matter how you cut it managing Liverpool and winning a cup in Englandshire puts you in that bracket) manager like Rodgers gives you a more than decent chance of doing that. FWIW I put more blame at the lazy decision to appoint Lennon than Rodgers leaving for costing the 10.

1 Like

I’ve always blamed Lawwell for it. The timing Rodgers left was wrong but I fully understand why he left. He was absolutely ripping with Lawwell and the whole McGinn fiasco all to save a few 000k.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/bhoysviews/status/1670761653384753152?t=bwvjGs81F0wB29yR4pjjlw&s=19

Amartey on a free being linked.

Any chance Mikey Johnstone will get a look in under Rodgers?

Gave him his debut as an 18 year old and featured reasonable regularly so I’d say he will feature in his plans for pre seasons and it will be up to Johnstone then.

Looks a player but if Scotland didnt want him youd wonder.

He’s very injury prone and Lennon didn’t develop him.

It’s transactional. Ange said & did all the right things but left too, albeit not during the season. We need the best person available that will realistically take the job & Rodgers is probably it. I’ve made my peace that the elite coterie of super leagues will always attract the top managers eventually & it’s highly unlikely we’ll get somebody to remain in charge at Celtic indefinitely. It could work in our favour that Rodgers has been away already, he might be sated that way & he does genuinely shupport Celtic. The complete breakdown of relations with Lawwell Sr was a mitigating factor in him leaving first time too. But I still think 1) Lawwell was a dick, 2) Rodgers should have waited until the end of the season & 3) I’m okay with him returning. Especially if the PR has an element of truth regarding transfer funds, talks with Desmond to modernise the club & plans to have a better crack at Europe.

2 Likes

I completely missed or forgot about Rodgers winning an FA Cup with Leicester. I must google that. Was it a covid era final?

Yes and I’m led to believe there will be no fallback into other European competitions either kicking in over the next year or two

Yep. They beat Chelsea with a reduced capacity crowd in 2021.

1 Like

Some interesting stuff from Rodgers.

Praises Nicholson & Lawwell Jr for the improvements in structure & recruitment since his first time around the block.

Says he met Callum McGregor in Majorca for lunch to discuss the club & squad before taking the job.

Met Odin Thiago Holm on Monday before he was announced as a signing today. Says he’s dynamic, eager to learn and quick.

Says he wants to do something in Europe.

https://twitter.com/celticfc/status/1671968981408677889?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

Very like his first meeting with captain Scott brown for food and wine in his apartment .

No Danny McGrain interaction this time?