Niall Breslin - Carrying the hopes of a nation

No better or worse than the average sermon you’d get at a folk mass in the 80s. In a different generation Diarmuid would have been a “cool” priest.

4 Likes

Obligatory collection plate.
Lynger is selling indulgences here on earth. The church ones were in the bank for when they were needed later.

My god what the fuck is Lyng on about some load of bollox he should hang his head spouting that tripe

I was travelling between meetings today and caught 10 minutes of Niall on The Ray D’Arcy Show. Very enlightening. Some great ideas for tackling mental health issues along the lines of “we need to do something” and “we need to start in schools”.

15 Likes

Sounds innovative, hopefully these ideas help remove the stigma around mental health.

2 Likes

I trust you have a good excuse for listening to Darsy, something on the lines of the sindo “it was left on my parents coffee table”

2 Likes

It was my own car so no excuse bar the fact that I had Morning Ireland on when I was driving to work.

Tedx is Father Tedesque

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/Highlights_from_Off_The_Ball/172095/Alan_OMara_The_Best_is_Yet_to_Come

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with people giving genuine insights into depression. Obviously it is the thing to do now but it is a cunt of a condition and if some worthwhile honest advice can be offered then that’s great.

But that Breslin cunt has nothing to say (doesn’t sound like he even suffered from it) and is creaming off the cash. That’s nasty carry on.

10 Likes

I’ve relayed this message to my social media followers before - a very mixed reaction.

Thats a disgraeful comment

Lads, can all of you post this on your facebook pages

I am showing my support by checking in at Apollo House Home Sweet Home…this homeless accomodation has recently been set up and run by a minority of couragious volunteers who have quite literally taken back a piece of ‘our Ireland’…Let’s put the selfies aside for one moment folks and use this outlet of social media to its full beautiful potential…we now have the platform to speak with one resounding voice, that we will take back what the plague of austerity has taken from us and our kin and provide them with one of our most basic of human needs… A home
Copy and paste this if youd like, or just check in at Apollo House, but keep sharing and be that steady voice for those who for such a long time have been but a whisper drowned out by the white noise of bureaucracy…

Unlike Bressie that O Mara lad seemed fairly genuine.

1 Like

I flicked through the Sindo Life Magazine at the sister in laws place yesterday. The usual collection of D list celebs posing for photos and a little piece about how they’ll celebrate xmas. Friend of the forum Alison Canavan was listed as a Model/Author and Wellness Guru !

Thats an awfully fancy term for a drunk who’s given up.

2 Likes

I would agree with that. I don’t think Bressie has claimed that he ever suffered from depression in fairness @farmerinthecity. Could be wrong though?
I do agree with nearly everything you have written on here on topic though @farmerinthecity. It is quality of the discourse/advice that counts.

1 Like

alright bro

you home?

Hey. No.