Nóirín O'Sullivan - Former Garda Commissioner

Varadkar is mired in this shit too.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/varadkar-garda-commissioner-is-part-of-the-solution-not-part-of-the-problem-35566350.html

That really does make her position look untenable. Her response has been to ask the Policing Authority to ask the Inspectorate to do a report on it :smile:

Never been bagged in about 15 years driving. The only time I was ever with someone who was checked was heading back from Galway to Limerick some random Wednesday night around 1 in the morning, when the Garda did a random check in some arsehole of a place like Labane or Ardrahan. I’d say he was waiting another twenty minutes for the next car to pass.

Lovely. Bye bye Varadkar.

Were they trying to catch the Nogra crew?

2 Likes

Makes ya wonder though how many drink drivers are on the road?

Micheál Martin, Jim O’Callaghan and Fianna Fáil are again on both sides of this argument. It’s great that they get all bases covered each time - they don’t have confidence in the Commissioner but they won’t support a motion of no confidence in her. Same position they took with McCabe, Frances Fitzgerald and generally supporting the government.

2 Likes

It’d remind you of the bosses in the wire “juking the stats”. If they were lying about something as simple as how many breath tests they carried out can we assume that their crime stats are bullshit as well?

2 Likes

Haven’t the CSO refused to use their crime stats they’re so unreliable?

2 Likes

It’s safe to assume that you can’t believe anything that the current garda management come up with. The fact they are still in place is another stunning indictment of the political class in the country. Greasy till fumblers.
The fact that noreen won’t resign is an expose of her character and her moral compass.
She and her husband are the archetypal sharp elbowed pole climbers. She will never resign.
FF and FG are cowards of the highest order.

6 Likes

Old news :smile:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/cso-audit-finds-more-issues-with-garda-crime-data-1.2809375%3Fmode=amp

Great phrase

1 Like

FF don’t want to pull the plug yet. No excuse for what’s going on but that’s the reality of it.
The only plausible resolution to it ( barring her resignation ) is for Enda to dispatch the senior civil servant to her house. He won’t do that either though as the shit will arrive in Fitzgerslds feet and he’ll have to let her off as well. Two commissioners and two justice ministers in the space of a few years doesn’t look well on his watch. Unfortunately that’s all he’s worried about.
I just hope that Vradkar is buried up to his hole in it and while it might not be enough to get rid of him, it will bury the cunts leadership aspirations once and for all.

In fairness to O’Sullivan after Callinan left office the powers that be carried out an international recruitment exercise to identify the best candidate for the job amongst police forces world wide and O’Sullivan was chosen from this process.

2 Likes

They need to make sure they attract a better standard of candidate next time. It’ll have to be an external appointment. People will only laugh if it’s another insider. The way she surrounded herself with all those goons yesterday is a sorry state of affairs.

There wasn’t a better external candidate

No one who had experience in “how things work”

Absolutely no doubt about it.

There is no crime in Ballincollig. Simply because they cannot process it. Hinterland of 30k+ population and only ever 1-3 cops on.

There was, they just didn’t look very hard.

I believe i remember something like that alright