November Rugby Internationals (aka Kev - "Should BOD be dropped?")

That choreographed clapping thing at the end was a bit much alright.

Aboy da kid!

Anyone kniw why the Eire scummy soccer team cannot play with the same heart that the 32 county Oirish rubby ream play with?

1 Like

The footy team regularly beat the world champs mate

The Eire scummy soccer team are a national embarrassment kid.

@anon32894817 ya called it right so buttons. Imagine us playing Heineken cup playing 6 nations and playing in christ church at the end of it. World Cup is all we should be looking at, not a team who came over jaded for a tour. Saying that it’s our best chance to win a wc. We’ve an aging team in positions.

1 Like

what an unbelievable night for Irish sport, definitely one of the greatest of all time. The usual gobshites driven absolute apeshit makes it even better

1 Like

It was actually mighty, but we need to get it into our heads that this is normal business. We’ve a great chance in the WC

:smile:

it would be unbelievable for the country

If only the small minded could let go their inner self loathing, they might enjoy the liberation of supporting a proper Irish team being successful in a global sport.

:rofl: a load of plastic paddies from Britain, under a English man beating England in soccer :joy:

a proper 32 country team

And the squealing when they can’t get another English lad to play for them.

I don’t watch rugby, it’s a terrible game imo but I did see last night, in the space of a couple of minutes Peter O’Mahony gave an astonishing performance of genuine bravery and will to win when you could see that every step he took was agony.
They got the breaks no doubt but in many cases it was NZ making mistakes when in sight of the line,
Yer man Stockdale looks like a real player, I assume Murray is a big step up on Marmion, could be interesting next year

Ireland will have probably the most experienced side in Japan next year. Rob Kearney, Keith Earls, Jonny Sexton, Conor Murray, Cian Healy, Rory Best, Devin Toner, Peter O’Mahony and Sean O’Brien will all be in their 30’s by the time it comes around. It tends to be experienced hard nosed teams that win Rugby World Cups.

Bit of soul searching for New Zealand. Just talking to a few Kiwis sitting in front of me at the game yesterday, they were saying beforehand that they felt team and coaching setting up was gone stale. Some big decisions to be made there. Likes of Kieran Reed looks finished. Shades of 1990 with New Zealand when as reigning World Champions, infalliabke for years, they suddenly started showing vulnerability a year out from World Cup. They persevered with old guard for 1991 World Cup and weren’t at the races.

Two good wins for South Africa against France and Scotland last two Saturdays. Could well be New Zealand that Ireland face in World Cup quarter final.

2 Likes

It’s a tough draw. Granted the group is easy enough, but they’ve got to beat NZ or SA to get into the sharp end. They could have a brilliant tournament, but fall at this hurdle, and lads will be delighted as they have again “failed”
The insecurity is dripping off lads here.

2 Likes

It is but at the same time it might be no harm to have such a tough quarter final. Ireland previously have had the likes of Wales, Argentina and even France in quarters which they felt they should have won. I’m open to correction here but I think what would be the two trickier of the four pool games against Japan and Scotland are the first two up. Should be well rested up and primed for quarter final. In 2015 it was the rate of attrition in winning the pool against France (to avoid New Zealand) a week before the Argentina quarter final that floored them. They lost one third of the starting team between those two games - Jonny Sexton, Paul O’Connell, Peter O’Mahony, Sean O’Brien and Jared Payne.

There’s a strength of depth there now that Ireland have never previously had. To absorb the injury enforced absences of players like Conor Murray, Robbie Henshaw, Dan Leavy and Sean O’Brien and still beat New Zealand bears testament to that.

Get over yourself :smile:

This is a familiar pattern with the rubby team… It’s 7/8 months away, but if Ireland get to the final I’ll never post here again in any guise.

Wont post under all 6 current/past guises?

1 Like