November Rugby Internationals (aka Kev - "Should BOD be dropped?")

No idea. Couldnt double job on defence Id say. They brought 3 or 4 less experienced Irish coaches (ROG, Felix Jones, Girvan dempsey) on a tour last year so Id say they will have an idea who they want

Choc

Have the IRFU got a throw in coach like Liverpool FC ? .

I couldnt tell you - I dont watch rubby or Liverpool.

A line out coach? Big Dev is line out captain, so he’s essentially a line out player coach.

Is Greg Feek staying on as scrum coach? If not, should try and get the doyen of scrum coaches Roly Meates back on board.

Think Feeks only does it part time now. Based in Japan

We’ve no need for John Bull in Ireland, Farrell should be told to do one

1 Like

Farrell is an Irish name - He is one of our own.

1 Like

The IRFU have gone full Brit now. :slight_smile: Lancaster to come in as part of the coaching set up now as well.

Lancaster is a tan name - Tans out.

That’s the way it’s gone now.

He is Irish Catholic like Shaun Edwards. A lot of people from Wigan are- the school that Owen Farrell and a few other league/union players went to would be Catholic.

Kilbane talked a good bit about that part of the world and the Irish that settled there when he gave an extended interview on his career to OTB a while back. As you say, very strong Irish catholic communities around the greater north west.

Lived in that part of the world myself for nearly a year as a kid in Preston. Huge Irish community in Preston.

Over the road in Yorkshire, another town historically with a big Irish community is Huddersfield. Don’t think I’ve heard of an Eire soccer type choosing Huddersfield as their English team to support though.

1 Like

Andy is married to Sean O’Loughlins sister, possibly the man with the most Irish name to ever line out for England. Some of the nicest people you will meet as well and still proud of their Irish roots, though even on here I do see some very derogatory comments about that part of the UK. The Irish captain and head coach elect have both been honoured with OBE’s, its no wonder results are as good as they are with that level of leadership.

A lot of them came over to work in the textile industry, Dewsbury aswell, a filthy asian kip now though

1 Like

fixed that for you

CC @flattythehurdler

Diddiesbury is a quite a wealthy area I believe, by northern standards anyway

4 Likes

:joy: :clap:

Andy Farrell OBE

You say that about every second person you meet though. It loses its impact.

2 Likes