November Rugby Internationals (aka Kev - "Should BOD be dropped?")

No one really gets front row play properly, not even props or the refs themselves. Its very inconsistently referred for a start.

Anyway, Buckley is what, 6 foot plus? Huge height for a prop, would put him at an automatic disadvantage.

I believe that there will be 3 front row replacements for the november internationals in order to stop uncontested scrums…

Wouldn’t mind seeing the following against OZ:

----Kearney----
Bowe–BOD–D’Arcy–Fitzgerald
-O’Gara–O’Leary—
Wallace-Heaslip-Ferris
O’Connell-O’Callaghan
Healy-Flannery-Hayes

subs:
Cronin
Ross
Horan
Ryan
O’Brien
Reddan
Sexton
Earls

Bench might lack a bit of experience but the likes of Cronin, Ryan, Sexton, Earls and O’Brien would be serious impact players…I would expect Deccie to have the likes of Stringer, Mick, Leamy, and Cullen in reserve

Sexton class again…O Gara shit.

This is the only call of any significance that Kidney has to make. Hope he makes the right call and not pick old favourites.

[quote=“tipptops*”]Sexton class again…O Gara shit.

This is the only call of any significance that Kidney has to make. Hope he makes the right call and not pick old favourites.[/quote]

:smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“The Puke”]I believe that there will be 3 front row replacements for the november internationals in order to stop uncontested scrums…

Wouldn’t mind seeing the following against OZ:

----Kearney----
Bowe–BOD–D’Arcy–Fitzgerald
-O’Gara–O’Leary—
Wallace-Heaslip-Ferris
O’Connell-O’Callaghan
Healy-Flannery-Hayes

subs:
Cronin
Ross
Horan
Ryan
O’Brien
Reddan
Sexton
Earls

Bench might lack a bit of experience but the likes of Cronin, Ryan, Sexton, Earls and O’Brien would be serious impact players…I would expect Deccie to have the likes of Stringer, Mick, Leamy, and Cullen in reserve[/quote]

Cronin?! Thats fairly out of leftfield pukey. I’d be well surprised, even if the Fogarty boys haven’t impressed much, Cronin would be a massive call.

He did well on the summer tour and with Best out of the picture due to injury the reserve hooker slot is wide open and IMHO Cronin is as good as the two Fogarty’s and has more scope for improvement…Jackman showed a couple of years ago that he isn’t up to this level

Ah the Jackman is pants, he wont get games with Leinster this year, not a hope. To be fair to him, he’s wrote off with injuries and last year was great for the traffic light man.

ITs a decent shout, Cronin never entered my thinking to be honest.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Ah the Jackman is pants, he wont get games with Leinster this year, not a hope. To be fair to him, he’s wrote off with injuries and last year was great for the traffic light man.

ITs a decent shout, Cronin never entered my thinking to be honest.[/quote]

He is super around the field and strong as an ox…his lineout throwing could do with a bit of work but it will come…He will be flannery’s successor at munster in a year or two

Completely forgot about Luke Fitz, throw him in, get rid of Earls.

Would like to see a new face at prop, Ross, Court and Healy need some significant game time here.

Wouldnt have thought so MBB? He is well ahead of both the Fogartys based on the Churchill Cup anyways. John isnt and never will be good enough, Denis looks much improved now alright but would still be surpirsed to see him getting a full cap. That Ulster lad Kyriaco could be one from left field. Was v good for Munster when we had him on loan a few seasons ago and the few times Iv seen him for Ulster he looked alright, their lineout looks in better shape than it was last season anyways.

Think Sexton should start the Oz & Fiji game and make a call for the SA game on form then between himself and ROG. Kidney will nurse ROG along alright no doubt though. Thought ROG was v poor last night but it was first game of the season for him alright.

Earls hasnt done enough yet this season to put himself ahead of Cave but their is plenty time for both to impress further. I think McFadden deserves a run as much as each of them really based on Churchill Cup and ML to date.

Healy has to start at least two of the tests.

Will be interesting alright, plenty strength in depth in fairness when you look at all the lads trying to break into the squad.

Not many fellas from last seasons squad not in contention either Mak and QUinlan maybe?

[quote=“dancarter”]Wouldnt have thought so MBB? He is well ahead of both the Fogartys based on the Churchill Cup anyways. John isnt and never will be good enough, Denis looks much improved now alright but would still be surpirsed to see him getting a full cap. That Ulster lad Kyriaco could be one from left field. Was v good for Munster when we had him on loan a few seasons ago and the few times Iv seen him for Ulster he looked alright, their lineout looks in better shape than it was last season anyways.

Think Sexton should start the Oz & Fiji game and make a call for the SA game on form then between himself and ROG. Kidney will nurse ROG along alright no doubt though. Thought ROG was v poor last night but it was first game of the season for him alright.

Earls hasnt done enough yet this season to put himself ahead of Cave but their is plenty time for both to impress further. I think McFadden deserves a run as much as each of them really based on Churchill Cup and ML to date.

Healy has to start at least two of the tests.

Will be interesting alright, plenty strength in depth in fairness when you look at all the lads trying to break into the squad.

Not many fellas from last seasons squad not in contention either Mak and QUinlan maybe?[/quote]

Dan
Surprised that you are advocating Sexton ahead of Rog for 2 starts but I think this is the right decision, he needs game time
McFadden, Jones and Healy all should start at least one game. Healy should probably start all 3, he is the future and now’s the time for him
Kidney is conservative though so I’d be surprised to see any major changes

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]Dan
Surprised that you are advocating Sexton ahead of Rog for 2 starts but I think this is the right decision, he needs game time
McFadden, Jones and Healy all should start at least one game. Healy should probably start all 3, he is the future and now’s the time for him
Kidney is conservative though so I’d be surprised to see any major changes[/quote]

Why you surprised by that? I think I was wholesome in my praise of Sextons performances at the tail end of last season and Im fairly sure I called for him to get two starts as far back as last May.

Dont think he is a better player than ROG at this stage but there is only one way we will find out isnt there.

Dont think Jones is up to that standard yet. I think only lads with HEC experience can really be considered, Id make an exception for McFadden in light of his competition for places at club level.

[quote=“The Puke”]
Bench might lack a bit of experience but the likes of Cronin, Ryan, Sexton, Earls and O’Brien would be serious impact players…I would expect Deccie to have the likes of Stringer, Mick, Leamy, and Cullen in reserve[/quote]

If Mick O’Driscoll is anywhere near the match 22 then Kidney should be shot.

Is that Ulster hooker even Irish qualified Dan? He’s played U21 from England.

[quote=“Mac”]If Mick O’Driscoll is anywhere near the match 22 then Kidney should be shot.

[/quote]

I agree with you, he isn’t up to this level, lacks the physicality but Deccie rates him fairly highly and is a solid lineout operator…

He’s a bumbling ball of shite but for some reason he’s a Munster legend. Surprised the TFK Niall Ronan fan club haven’t been going on about why he should be a certainty to start 2 of the games. He’ll be lucky to start the Leinster game at this rate.

[quote=“Mac”]If Mick O’Driscoll is anywhere near the match 22 then Kidney should be shot.

[/quote]

I initially read that as Brian not Mick, was wondering had Mac lost the run of himself! :clap:

Can’t say I know anyone that regards him as a legend, he is a solid pro and that is about it…Niall Ronan has improved a lot over the past 18 months and may get a cap against Fiji but that will be his lot…

I think Puke is closer to the truth here. No doubt Micko has lacked some nastiness or enough agression at times, but Mac is way over the top here.

I would go as far as to say that O’Driscoll is probably Munster’s most criticised experienced player along with Stringer…

I would say Stringer is far worse, well maybe thats down here anyway. I think there is a massive Limerick-Cork thing when it comes to this sort of thing. Marcus Horan comes in for an awful lot of criticism down this way, as nowadays does Tony Buckley.

People everywhere doubted Dowling for a while.