November Rugby Internationals (aka Kev - "Should BOD be dropped?")

I believed you were from Northern Ireland, my apologies.

So are you talking about the Italian soccer team when you compare them to the Irish rugby team?

No I never mentioned anything about my teams at all. I referenced flatty’s post on the Ireland Rugby team and said it was not much of an achievement in comparison to the football equivalent.

You took the football equivalent of the rugby side to be unionism, an interesting insight.

World rugby rankings that I think are funny:-

• Hong Kong are ranked 21 in the world (the equivalent of that decent Peru team in soccer);
  • Brazil are only ranked 26. That’s 5 places below Hong Kong;
  • Malta are ranked 40 in the world. Malta have a big match coming up soon away to Israel, ranked 58. I don’t know why this is so funny;
  • Guam are 69, the equivalent of Algeria in football. They’re 193 in football so they’re much better at rugby;
  • New Zealand are number 1, Ireland are number 2 and Wales are number 3. They’re 119, 30 and 19 respectively in football.
1 Like

What football equivalent?

The Irish soccer team. Your initial reaction to the football equivalent of the rugby side was the unionist representation, an interesting insight.

There is the ROI soccer team and the NI soccer team.

Yes and you twigged the unionist representation to be the equivalent of the rugby side. Interesting.

1 Like

And? Of the five most populated countries on earth, only one is good at soccer.

Of the 10 most populous counties in the world, only two (Brazil and Russia, though the latter as the larger Soviet Union) have ever got to the final four of the FIFA World Cup.

No, I thought you might be as confused as you are over your nationality thinking that it was the NI side.

The Irish rugby side are a non partionisit and non sectarian side.

I never mentioned anything about my country. It seems you are the one who is confused and your natural instincts equivocate rugby to unionism.

You need to be quite specific in what country you are referring to. As soccer is a partionist and sectarian sport, that is needed, particularly given your own confusion over what you are.

only a handful of countries take scummy soccer seriously.
sure eire were in the top 5 in the world one time, even now they are in the top 40 or 50 and thats without any stadiums, any domestic league, any dressing rooms and without any players either domestically or in its diaspora who can kick a football to a team mate 10m away.

1 Like

We see where your allegiances lie.

Croatia just got the World Cup final, and were in the semi finals just 20 years ago.

Meanwhile, until 1990, only one of the three most populous nation’s in the world had ever qualified for the FIFA World Cup and that was just twice.

The two most populated countries in the world have never got to the finals. Those two countries represent over 36% of the global population. As mentioned only two of the top 10 most populated countries in the world have ever made the semi finals of the FIFA World Cup.

With the Irish rugby team?

Football has wide appeal. It’s the main sport in South America, Central America, Europe and Africa and is widely popular in the other continents.

Rugby is a niche “sport” taken half seriously in Britain and a few of the British commonwealth States.

1 Like

You seem confused again.

That’s not a very good answer.

Nobody denies football is more popular, but the facts are the facts.

The likes of Croatia, a very small nation less than 30 years independent, are more competitive to vastly more populous countries. The likes of India excel at the likes of Cricket and Field Hockey and are uncompetitive in soccer.

Yes that’s the beauty of football. Small football crazy nations competing with massive football crazy nations rather than one small rugby crazy nation competing with non plussed rugby nations.

Like this?

https://youtu.be/3R3IupvB8ao