November Rugby Internationals (aka Kev - "Should BOD be dropped?")

Christ, you don’t have a clue about Australia.

Who are shit at football.

Yet two shit nations have more footballers than rugby players worldwide. Are you trying to ignore the premise of the debate now?

When I’m in South America, or North America, or Russia, or Australia, or England or the Far East (and yes @GeoffreyBoycott, yes I go to all of these places) people come up to me when they hear I’m Irish and they talk about Roy Keane and Robbie Keane and, in fairness, they talk about Conor McGregor. That is the true mark of greatness.

No-one has ever, ever come up to me and started talking about Trent Johnston or Kevin O’Brien.

1 Like

So they are shit at football.

But have enormous populations.

And you are making this about populated countries.

There is a logic failure in your argument.

The issue being that you grew up on a diet of soccer and are completely ignorant to other sports and cultures.

Guy who got destroyed by window fitter in Scottish Cup.

1 Like

I think you have lost track in what you’re arguing.

Still a more internationally recognised sportsman than our cricket players. That’s the level footballers are at.

Do people in Australia ask you about Robbie Keane??

They fucking love him.

I tell them he’s a gimp.

Did he turn out for the Central Coast Mariners or something?

This thread is hopping and we’re still nearly three weeks out from the start of the November internationals. Bar Tottenham Hotspur, nothing get the pulses racing here like the Ireland rugby team. Did Eire v Denmark in the soccer the other night even get 20 posts?

If Eriksen had played and misplaced a pass it would’ve been hopping, but no I don’t think so.

1 Like

So you go youth hosteling with other Westerners.

Congrats.

I am American Irish who splits his time across the Atlantic. Plenty more will talk to me in the US about Roy Keane no question, but I am not going to claim he is better known than a moderately well known cricketer 20 years ago.

1 Like

Nope, I think you’ve reached the natural cul de sac of your argument.

Claiming cricket is a minority sport in Australia is so risible that it is hard to take you seriously as a debater.

They’re all too busy being Italian to care about the 26 county partionist team.

1 Like

It is.

You’re very testy over people saying rugby is a niche sport with little appeal globally.

We are talking about cricket in Australia.

You claimed that it is a minority sport there.

That is laughable, your ignorance is breathtaking.

1 Like

It is a minority sport. I’m sorry you don’t like the facts.

What are the facts?

Have you ever been to Australia?

Or outside of Ireland actually?