Obese Ireland

you’d ate it if you were hungry

1 Like

You’d need to be well at yourself

Two big yokes in fairness.

The misogynists are out in force I see.

I have mentioned here before but my kids go/went to a preschool which is attached to the national school. It is in the middle of nowhere so not in a town with large population etc. They have an outstanding principal.

Jointly between the NS and the preschool they implemented a be active ethos. My kids have been doing push ups, planks, dips etc from age 3. All classes in NS leave their room twice a day for 5 mins to do (running!) laps of the yard. Plus whatever activity they do at lunchtime. They did an 8 week swimming course (she is in junior infants) and all classes in the NS do that. They get two gymnastic sessions a month from an external teacher.

She came home yday with the below letter. The athletics coach is a PT with multiple all ireland ladies medals.

I know one of the other teachers in the school and they were telling me of the 190 kids in the NS that only 2 are overweight.

Lot of talk about the obesity issue but it can be tackled with more teachers and schools motivated to do it. All these kids are in the habit of exercising now and nobody to blame bar the parents if they lose that habit.

Cc @backinatracksuit

8 Likes

You’d hardly ever see a fat kid when we were growing up. Any that were there were relentlessly bullied so I suppose that was an incentive in itself to stay trim.

Bring back bullying for fat kids, it’s in their best interest

1 Like

We had fuck all to eat I suppose

I had cheese sandwiches on tap kid

Explains a lot

1 Like

Have you seen the food dudes cartoons/tv programmes? Utter fucking shit but I suppose it’s all in a good cause

No that flyer was first Id heard of it. Great scheme in fairness. Interesting to see if it works. Daughter will eat any fruit but struggling with veg

1 Like

They ran the food dudes programme on my young lads school last year. He was 7 at the time. Probably worthwhile but a bit of a pain in the hole for parents making lunch. A different colour piece of fruit or veg in the lunch each day. Big palaver about it for a couple of weeks with free lunch boxes and drinks bottles. Anyway a couple of days after it finished they had a cake sale in the school and my young lad came home and told me proudly that he was after eating 9 buns.

13 Likes

Every school thing I’ve been at with my small one has had buns/cake. Usually brought by other parents

Just as a footnote. I was collecting my two beauties from school yesterday. There was a minimum of 50/60 cars there all driven by students. I guarantee you there was a fair percentage of them living well within walking distance.

Yeah we used to walk barefoot to school and look how well we turned out.

5 Likes

Fuck sake these cunts tormenting 3 year old children with this shite.

2 Likes

Yeah a good stint as a chimney sweep would sort em

2 Likes

You can’t run away from a bad diet.

Luxury