Obese Ireland

Why would 3 year old children be in school?

Interesting chat with a ā€˜food engineerā€™ this morning, he basically gets paid to make foods addictiveā€¦ Sugar, salt, the crunch factor, insulin spikes, dopamine release are stuff they base their success onā€¦ He works for a subsidery of PepsiCo.

Fascinating

5 Likes

The likes of PepsiCo and NestlƩ are more dangerous than Marlboro.

1 Like

Itā€™s appalling. Fat is now normal.

Whoever engineered pringles has this down to a tee, the cunt

12 Likes

He reckons the pharma companies and the food companies are pretty much creaming it off obesity. There is a big money to be made off sick people.

He also reckons the likes of facebook have started shutting down a few low-carb/Paleo sites as big foods advertising is worth more to them (obviously).

Its depressing stuff.

Did you tell him that heā€™s an enabling cunt and should be ashamed of himself?

Yoplait as well. I gave the child a petit filous a while back and she was like someone on cocaine for about 2 hours and the comedown as well.

I only checked the sugar content after. fucking hell itā€™s bad

2 Likes

What chance do kids have - marketing every where ā€“ foods being engineered to make them addictiveā€¦ If heā€™s willing to talk to a shit kicker like you, surely government departments across the EU know ā€” very easy place restrictions on additives

Iā€™m very approachable and I dragged as much out of him as I could.

3 Likes

Heā€™s a 21st century tobacconist - actually, thatā€™s the wrong term - what do you call someone who produces large scale tobacco? - a drug dealer? did he seem anyway at odds with his work?

One of my in laws developed the flavours for Pringles here in Ireland and the UK. Iā€™ll make sure and tell her some lad off the internet thinks sheā€™s a cunt the next time I see her.

4 Likes

do, those sweet chili pringles are an abomination

2 Likes

Devilā€™s food

We call those yoghurt pots crack cocaine for the child. Full of sugar sure.

I think Bobsleigher is the term you were looking for

2 Likes

I ate too much at lunchtime and feel bloated and queasy.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in Spainland right now and thereā€™s plenty of lardy spics around the place.

Booze and 'puters lads. Tis a wonder we can even sit upright anymore.

I remember bringing my lad when he was about three into a pub in Liverpool to watch the hurling, and without much thought, buying him a coke. He went within ten minutes from burying himself into my coat out of shyness, to standing on a chair arms out roaring ā€œcome on gaalwaaaayā€. Half the punters laughed and half looked like I should be reported.
It didnā€™t work. Galway lost as usual, and we both went home sad.

19 Likes

Iā€™d 11 pints last night, a McDonaldā€™s on the way home, another one around 11 and a sandwich there. Canā€™t say my stomach is at 100%

1 Like