OTB (Off The Ball)

Quality listening with Daithi Regan and Jamesie O’Connor talking about yesterday and Waterford in particular. Nicky English and Jimmy Barry-Murphy on now. Superb show.

Good show alright but some of the presenters are absolute idiots

Listened to about an hour of this from my sick bed last week and they had an interview with Aryton Senna’s nephew who is a racecar driver now and I must say it was a good listen.

Then all of the sudden they brought on this other absolute presenter tosspot to give his view on things, including stating that he thinks John O’Shea is a better option at full back than Kevin Kilbane. Smarmy accent on the cunt as well. Dunno who the cunt was but was enough to make me turn it off and remember why I disliked it so much in the first place…

i would say that is your man ken …he does the football show…he can be a bit annoying at times alright…

Probably Ken Early, and one of the reasons for his presence on the show is to illicit that emotion in listeners.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Listened to about an hour of this from my sick bed last week and they had an interview with Aryton Senna’s nephew who is a racecar driver now and I must say it was a good listen.

Then all of the sudden they brought on this other absolute presenter tosspot to give his view on things, including stating that he thinks John O’Shea is a better option at full back than Kevin Kilbane. Smarmy accent on the cunt as well. Dunno who the cunt was but was enough to make me turn it off and remember why I disliked it so much in the first place…[/quote]

might have been ken early

Oh so the reason for him being on the show is to make listeners not want to listen to the show?

Idiot.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Oh so the reason for him being on the show is to make listeners not want to listen to the show?

Idiot.[/quote]

Agree with you there. Likes the sound of his own voice and thinks quite highly of himself. Heard him suggesting this evening that goal was somehow Kilbane’s fault as it came from his wing. How he could rate O’Shea ahead of him is beyond me.

It is the sign of an absolute clown who is wrapped up in O’Shea’s reputation in that he plays for Man Utd.

I think he may well rival Brendan O’Connor as being the biggest cunt in Ireland.

Ken Earley is a prize gobshite and while he’s supposed to annoy he’s too good at it which turns people off.

He’s a self-professed football expert but he knows nothing about anything in fact, just whatever was on Sky at the weekend.

Other than that I find the show entertaining. Listen to it anytime I’m in the car or on the train home.

Ken Earley is a prize gobshite and while he’s supposed to annoy he’s too good at it which turns people off.

He’s a self-professed football expert but he knows nothing about anything in fact, just whatever was on Sky at the weekend.

Other than that I find the show entertaining. Listen to it anytime I’m in the car or on the train home.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Oh so the reason for him being on the show is to make listeners not want to listen to the show?

Idiot.[/quote]

No, to provide controversy and to offer a different perspective to the more balanced views of the other lads.

It’s often used Farmer and in many cases people tune in specifically to see what outrageous comments the pundit/presenter in question will make. See RTE’s use of Dunphy, Hook, Brolly etc.

Look, we know you made a rash judgement about the show years ago and have become pretty entrenched in your view. It’s possibly time to get over it. Tall freak.

Ah here to compare the passionate views of Dunphy to that clown is a thundering disgrace.

Hook can be controversial for the sake of it but can actually talk some sense. That Earley cunt is intent on being a bollox - I would say that actually he is that way in real life.

He would be on a par with Brolly but then again RTE’s GAA coverage is shocking.

At least the three you mentioned actually played the game they are supposed to be talking about…

Yeah I never liked it but I gave it another chance. Any show that would pay that clown that be on it doesn’t deserve my attention…

ah ken early isn’t the worst of them…

Well, you just missed Daithi Regan laying into Davy Fitzgerald and it was quality stuff. Your loss.

Very interesting interview with Kevin Cassidy having a go at his own club now.

Always impressed at the interviews they get. They had Mickey Harte on the night after Stephen O’Neill was back in the panel talking about it for example. Good guests and good questions. I’d have my issues with some of the soccer coverage but on balance to be churning out that quality coverage that often is a good achievement.

And Hook is the biggest gobshite of all the “controversial pundits.”

No way. Brolly is much worse. Then there is O’Rourke. And Spillane.

Horrible, horrible people…

Best programme on the radio, generally much better than RTE’s sports coverage because the three hours gives them much more time to go in depth into things as opposed to Drivetime Sport which always feels very rushed. They also cover fairly leftfield toipics which RTE won’t do. Funny as fuck as well. More importantly though they gave me a trip to Man Utd V Chelsea, a DVD player and and MP4 player last year.8) But I do think their weekend coverage is way too Premiership orientated.

[quote=“therock67”]Always impressed at the interviews they get. They had Mickey Harte on the night after Stephen O’Neill was back in the panel talking about it for example. Good guests and good questions. I’d have my issues with some of the soccer coverage but on balance to be churning out that quality coverage that often is a good achievement.

And Hook is the biggest gobshite of all the “controversial pundits.”[/quote]

Neil Francis is the worst IMHO
Hook is just a fookin spoofer though

Off the Ball is class. I thought before that yourself and Bandage might have been the lads from Off the Ball such was your antics

neil “ruck inspector” francis is a fraud…know fuck all about fuck all…