OTB (Off The Ball)

TBF it scuttered over the goalline eventually.

Only Richie Hogan and Canning from that list have more hurling than Tony Kelly. If Jamie Barron is the second best hurler in the country then it’s time to disband the sport.

I’ll tell you a funny story mate. They once voted a fella who can’t kick the football, footballer of the year.

True story.

5 Likes

And they once voted a free taker hurler of the year an all.

True story that.

Thought P Mahony was free taker?

1 Like

Yerra Jerry O Connor was HOTY once FFS.

The close in ones

There’s more to hurling than what your can do when you’re handed the ball. Tony Kelly is poor at winning the ball and hasn’t played a good championship game in ages

Richie Hogan hasn’t played one in two years yet I wouldn’t dispute he should be in there either, as I doubt would many?

Post of the year and we’re not even at the end of January

Richie Hogan had a good year in 2016. John McGrath has a better shout than Tony Kelly to be in that list

But you don’t even watch hurling?

That’s why I agree with it being disbanded

3 Likes

Very interesting segment with Paul Rouse about the life of Maurice Davin, fascinating chap.

Rouse is excellent anytime he is on.

I’m going to be at a conference next month and Rouse is one of the speakers.

His paper is entitled The GAA, Pay-TV and Money

Indeed he was on second captains recently discussing this rather embarrassing episode

These cunts were absolutely sickened that Reed won the Masters, it was fantastic to listen to the seethe oozing out of their pores

7 Likes

He was on second captains talking about Irish football team competing in 1924 Olympics and popularity of soccer back then.
Interesting stuff.
He always comes across very welli

Paul Rouse walks amongst us I dare say.