OTB (Off The Ball)

I heard Tom on there before and he comes across as a sound lad.A fine footballer too hopefully he makes a full recovery.

James O’Donoghue seemed like an interesting chap as well for the few minutes i had him on.

He’s far from a fine footballer imo. He was found wanting so many times in big games when it matters I’ve lost count.

Prob kicked the ball less than 10 times last season.

How does that make him differ from 90 % of IC “ footballers “ ??

3 Likes

Some lads are better footballers without the ball

1 Like

The Ger Spillane rule

@mac pretending to know about bogball, wow.

Ger Spillane from Cork, what’s the story there, he was a decent ball player

He went an entire season without kicking a ball in a competitive match, may have even won an All Star that year.

Really, I recall him kicking points from centre back, often up the field

That’s a very sad truth.

He may have in latter years. When Cork were getting to finals in Croke Park the ball rarely if ever touched his foot

Is my memory flawed @caoimhaoin?
I wouldn’t have made Ger Spillane a poster boy for the lads who can’t use their feet?

Don’t mind that dope.

The system may have restricted him but Ger was a very good kicker of the ball.

Christ Conor Counihan was limited

Was playing against a Conor Counihan managed side last night. They had a man recording the game from an elevated bank. Every player seemed to know his job and their communication around defending kickouts was incredible. We were only able to take a handful of short ones under major duress. The angles of running and engineering of space in forward line was very hard to defend against albeit we dont deploy a defensive system and have caveman like attitude to tactics. Defensively though they were quite poor. Cut them open for 3 goals and ot could easily have been 6. His demeanour on side line is quite languid.

1 Like

Arravale Rovers or Clashmore/Kinsalebeg?

Arravale

Picking up the cheque

He had the 2nd best generation of footballers in corks history and completely hamstrung them with fear

Yeah quite possibly. I am sure he is trying to give them value for the cheque though. That Cork team were bottlers though. If Down had not done a number on Kerry they would probably have lost to Kerry in the final in o 10.

1 Like