OTB (Off The Ball)

They weren’t bottlers at all. A different manager would have more success. I am convinced of that.

They existed in a culture of fear.

Already Ronan Mac has made a much less talented side look more confident.

As for CC, he was touted in nearly every club in the South and South East over past couple of years. If he is not doing it then somebody else is

What was his day job? I wonder how much he gets per session? Its weird turning up for games sometimes and you’d see Colin Corkery manager of opposition or Paidi Kissane, Peter Creedon etc. Must be some money in it.

Was he employed by HSE. Or in disability?

In Charleville in the St Josephs

1 Like

He manages st Joseph’s in charleville. A great man

2 Likes

The club scene is a merry-go-round of coaches with a high majority of jokers

I would be certain he is getting 150+ per night

1 Like

I think a lot of it is clubs want to get someone in who is a fresh voice and wont have played with some of the players, will be oblivious to internal politics and will also see players increase their attendance levels to training. A change can be re invigorating.

Yes, not to be forgotten he is a good fella.

Just a limited coach

He worked somewhere (being paid) and took no session. I think it was somebody here who worked under him. They had another lad taking the sessions

1 Like

Spot on. But he is wasting his time there when he could be an e-hero pointing out the failures of everyone else from his keyboard. Instead he is lambasted for striking fear into athletes when he is actually improving the lives of misfortune families every day,

2 Likes

Nah. Players spot a bullshitter these days very very quick.

You cannot fuck around with young lads on that front anymore

What are you on about. Nobody was on about his work or personality.

Bit if he is goi g to be picking up tax free money from clubs then he is surely open to observation.

And he is paid very handsomely to do his job. So spare us the “ah bless” nonsense.

I know people getting nothing that do alot more

How the fuck do you know he isn’t declaring it to revenue?
How do you know he didn’t do a deal with the club that he sent another guy instead. Indeed being from a GAA club myself I hear rumors that we have paid a heap of lads over the years to train us when in fact its bullshit.
Only two guys know the real story . The coach being payed and the lad writing the cheques.
Fuck You
Fuck Cork

BTW this semi- irrational behavior with Cork posters will last at least until Saturday 8:30 pm.

I’ve a cousin in the child psychology field that worked with him, she couldn’t speak highly enough of him.

2 Likes

Conor used to work in the rehab bottle bank on the boggy road in Cork while he played for Cork, not sure what his role was but he was dressed for manual labour, myself and a few mates used to cycle up to the basketball courts next to it because they usually had nets and were always quiet, he often joined us for games during his breaks, he was a top top bloke back then and I’ve never forgotten it about him, I wouldn’t hear a bad word said about Conor Counihan

2 Likes

Well because it’s illegal firstly.

Secondly because I know people in clubs he spoke to, including my own One of whom is on here.

Thirdly because I spoke to a player from his own club about the coaching.

Fourth because I watched his teams play.

I know for a fact CC was going to go as far ass Waterford and Wexford to coach clubs. Yet works in charleville. That’s some commuting.

Was he goibg to do it for the good of his health?

Don’t be a fool

You seem woefully defensive of the guy just because he does his job.

The point is a general one too though. I have been in on conversations or overheard and been relayed back about lads “trying to get on the circuit” as it’s money for old rope. Most turn up with a set game plan no matter what the club and are basically taking the piss.

He’s gone from work in charleville a good 12 months.

1 Like

Informative

‘The system’ - would you get over yourself. He was unable to do the basics on many occasions

https://youtu.be/djoOhE2U9iw

The lads lamenting a dead horse :grin:

1 Like

If Graham Hunter was made of chocolate, he’d tell everyone how well he knows a load of important Spanish chocolate’s and how he often goes for beers with them

4 Likes