OTB (Off The Ball)

He says “football club” constantly. “When you’re not really fitting in at the football club, it’s probably time to leave the football club and maybe look for a new football club”.
Drives me fucking mental. Just fucking say “club” ya tit

4 Likes

He says it 10, 20, 30 times per episode

He does indeed . Ear wrecking .

Hardly surprising for a man that has no control over his own eyebrows

He reels off the five and ten times tables constantly; highly irritating

‘At this particular moment in tiiiime…’

1 Like

+1. :laughing:

Not just “football club” either, he’s always going on about the “football” as opposed to the “ball”.

“They need to implement a system to get them more possession of the football. It’s tough going when you’re chasing the football from minute 1 to minute 90 and you need those periods of time during the game when you can rest in possession of the football.”

2 Likes

Caught a bit of this last night, hadn’t heard it in a while. Is Johnny Ward now a presenter?

He’d be more of a frequent guest on the show. The Friday Night Racing feature is decent enough I think.

He was interviewing Johnny Giles last night (at least I think it was him). Christ it was awful.

Who is Johnny Ward? Would he be a tinker?

1 Like

He ain’t a thinker anyway

Is he a Ward from Athlone?

In fairness, the weekly interview with Giles is always shit regardless of who is interviewing him but yeah, that was particularly bad alright.

"Do you follow Liverpool Johnny?

“Ah yeah I do yeah. My brother was a massive fan. And shur there’s a massive Irish connection.”

“Ah yeah, I used to love playing there back in the day. The atmosphere in Anfield used to be great.”

“Oh yeah I know yeah. I was over there a while ago for a match and I met people from Bermuda and from all over the place. And they love the Irish over there.”

“Ah yeah.”

Between that and that fucking Leon cunt from Boylesports being on every night I’m quickly going off these cunts.

1 Like

Ya poor ould Giles need to put out to grass at this stage. Just cliches and “in my day” is all he has. No real analysis.

Ward asked him the most inane questions though. You could almost hear Giles rolling his eyes down the phone.

Lovren was a bit of a bombscare when he came on the other night wasn’t he John?

Ya he was, in fairness they’ve been unlucky with that chap getting injured earlier in the season, what’s his name, the centre half, eh am

Matip?

Ya that’s it good player him.

Do you think Klopp will look to start Sturridge on Sunday?

No I don’t think so, their best three are eh, Salah, ah em

Fiminho?

Ya and em, the other chap

Sane?

Ya. That’s their best three.

2 Likes

Ah lads give Giles a break he is nearly 80, of course he is going to struggle with remembering names.

1 Like

The point they’re making is, he should be out to pasture.

1 Like

Ah I like John, but he’s literally been phoning it in for a long time now. No problem having him on to talk about the good old days or whatever but having him on to analyze current football is a waste of time. You can tell he’s hardly even watching games. Just repeating tired cliches about Pogba being lazy etc

1 Like

I don’t mind him being on and I enjoy the good auld days stories. Plus its only one night a week. He was telling the story of the time that Leeds were going for the double and they played the FA Cup final on the Saturday and then had to leave right away as they were playing Wolves on the Monday night for the league. They won the cup but lost the league and he was saying it was like they had won nothing and there was a party set up in the bar of a hotel but only himself and another player (I forget who he said it was) went.

The interviewer asked what was the reason for the backlog in games and Giles never answered it, think he was in full reminiscence that he didn’t hear the question.

1 Like

Ageist.