OTB (Off The Ball)

Henriques is an awful tit. I wouldn’t be listening to much that fella has to say

In fairness kev you can say what you want about myself and WTB but neither of us are Davy’s biggest cheerleaders and I would say if you were to look through the forum you would find far more examples of where we are critical of him and his methods rather than praising his ability…Didn’t hear his criticism of Davy, just always found him smug and they emphatic way in which he makes his points I found him hard to warm to

Fergus McFadden calling Eoin McDevitt ‘Mark’ for an entire interview :lol:

Liam Hayes reckons the Gooch was average yesterday and would give him 7/10. Brady said Cooper is “a class piece of ass”.

heard that :o ,hayes is a fukin gobshite

He makes David Brady sound both intelligent and insightful which is an awesome feat.

The clips from the Steve Staunton interview are quality :stuck_out_tongue: football genius

Unreal… The silence after each clip was the comic.

“Yorkie” and the way he “used to roll his eyes”

:stuck_out_tongue:

They were brilliant!
“at training we train in keeping possession, and to do that you need the ball”!

I thought it was a piss-take at first. Each answer was more bizarre than the last. When they asked him who was the toughest player he ever faced and he said “aaaah, the boy Crosby, from Nottingham Forest… and Pat Nevin” :lol:

Was this an interview on tonight’s show or a piece from an old one? Anywhere to listen to it online?

“why did you get so much abuse as manager Steve?”

“aaaaah, I guess they were just jealous or something”!!!

The interview was on talksport with Keyes and Gray. They set the clips up brilliantly on OTB though, should be on their page before long.

I can’t stop laughing at the Gary Crosby and Pat Nevin quote.

Was it you man Moose that’d be on 2fm’s Ballbusters that asked him a question then?

Interview: “Steve I believe you played Gaelic Games at U-21 level, what made you throw away the hockey sticks to play in the UK?”

Steve: “It was actually U-16 level. It’s every boys dream to play in a FA cup final. I played in 1…”

Try and find it Bandage, it’s hilarious!

Put a link up here if you find it lads please

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/richard-keys-and-andy-gray/blog/2011-08-18/former-liverpool-and-villa-star-steve-staunton-studio

That’s a link to the original Talksport interview with Keys and Gray. It’s a 25-minute interview and I’m 10 minutes in and most of it so far has been shite and boring talk but now the texts are coming in and the entertaining part is starting.

Tonights show is up here - http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/22/monday/3/popup

Starts 5 or 6 minutes into part 3.

http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/javaImages/e8/62/0,,10365~8807144,00.jpg

:clap: :clap:

Off the ball would be a great show if the boys did’nt try to be comedians the whole time, especially the guy from Galway, bloody headwrecker.

Laughing away to myself thinking about this quote again. What a guy! :clap:

Jerry Kiernan went on a brilliant rant just now about the lack of athletics coverage. I particularly liked the bit where he said “nobody plays rugby” :lol: