Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Canā€™t help but feel there was more than a hint of complacency from Sligo maybe they thought the hard work was done looking at the path they had.

Two All-Ireland U20 titles for them now. Beat a fine Mayo team featuring the likes of Ryan Oā€™ Donoghue and Tommy Conroy in 2018.

Theyā€™re coming like a train

1 Like

Heā€™s absolutely class, I canā€™t wait to see him playing senior for Kildare.

I thought they were great today, they bossed the first half and should have been further ahead at half time. Sligo had their good patch and put the pressure on going into the final 10 minutes, but they kicked on again with some help from the Sligo goalie. The difference between the keepers on kickouts was stark even in the first half.

3 Likes

Derry and Tyrone look set for a period of domination in Ulster football going by recent underage performances. Their minor teams are clocking up some huge results so and scheduled to meet in the final pending any big shocks.

Derry have played 5 games so far beating:

Down by 21 points
Monaghan by 11 points
Donegal by 15 points
Fermanagh by 22 points
Antrim by 20 points

Tyrone have won 4 games beating:
Cavan by 1 point
Armagh by 8 points
Antrim by 39 points
Fermanagh by 29 points

Semi finals on this weekend.
Derry face Donegal
Tyrone face Monaghan

Further confirmation of the pitiful state football is in here. The lads who have spent their careers trying to find ways to remove all elements of skill and joy from football (Harte, Gallagher, Poacher, McGeeney et al) will be remembered for driving young lads away from the game.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s about the 4th or 5th time today youā€™ve let that chip on your shoulder with Ulster football take over today.

Not sure what young lads you are crying about being driven away from the game but if you have issues in Connacht football then go sort them out yourselves and stop using Ulster football as bogeymen for your shameful record at senior level.

Iā€™m still not sure what all this Connacht chat is about. But do you really think them scorelines at minor indicate that underage football here is in a good place?

I would say Connacht do very well in football considering population and how many people have to leave there for work, studying, etc.

1 Like

Iā€™ve told you already, your inferiority complex with Ulster football is all to do with the shameful record Connacht counties have at All Ireland level. All you seem to be able to do is take a number of bizarre, illogical and cheap shots at Ulster football.

The reality at home in Connacht is the cause of your jealousy and bitterness. One of the all time classics yesterday in Ulster and the bitterness and envy is ooozing out of you.

Tyrone will be down in Galway at the weekend to teach ye a few home truths.

Really? Galway and Mayo have two of the biggest footballing populations in the country. 2 of the other 3 played Div 4 football this year.

The break away done nothing for your clarity of thought. Most senior AIs go to Munster or Leinster, Iā€™m not sure what the Connacht reference is at all. Though I looked it up there and Galway are the reigning minor champions.

Clare 15/8 for tonight - would definitely get on that if I were a booking man.

The top 3 in the league this year were all from Connacht, Iā€™m fairly sure no other province has ever achieved that. Mayos AI final record is atrocious though, but what that has to do with 20+ point hammerings for minor teams in Ulster is beyond me.

Could you tell me why? Cork absences?

Youā€™re from a Connacht county, no?

Yet all you seem to do is going around sniping at Ulster football. Weā€™ve returned 5 different winners of All Irelands since 1990, they have won 9 All Irelands between them in that time.

Youā€™re absolutely enraged that itā€™s Ulster counties that have challenged the old firm of GAA football (Kerry and Galway).

Can you please focus on your own provincial failings and stop sniping at Ulster football.

Who cares about the league? Connacht counties maybe as they canā€™t win AIs.

Anyway I was talking about this yearā€™s minor football championship before you tried to turn yet another football thread into your anti-Ulster obsession.

This fella apparently.

2 Likes

I think youā€™re barking up the wrong tree here. While @Halfpipe has a great knowledge of and interest in Connacht football heā€™s from your province afaik.

1 Like

To a degree, just fancy Clare to get a scalp and those are good odds imo,