Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

If we get to it, it’s set up beautifully for the cunts

Great day for lismire.

No lismire man involved today kid

You couldn’t be further from the truth, as usual. This was a very average Dublin u20 team and the general feeling here is that Tom did well getting them to an All Ireland final. He is one of life’s gentleman.

3 Likes

No i called last week that they were very average, but the professional set up got them way farther than they should have. The whole country could read ‘tom’ and his mindless blathering during the week, came across as a right idiot, as brainless as your effort here to subsequently defend him

Kev was dead right about Keith Ricken.

An outstanding coaching performance.

Well done Kev.

The Tyrone number 9 must be fuming. Him stupidly getting himself sent off halfway through the second half completely changed the course of their semi-final against Cork when they were well in control.

1 Like

My defending of him is based on knowing him in a personal, sporting and professional capacity for 20 years. Your personal attack on him is based on nothing more than him being from Dublin.

4 Likes

No, its based on his article during the week. Did you read it? Dont be getting all emotional now, he seemed at your level alright

I did yeah. The only emotion i feel interacting with you is pity.

Ah so you can’t defend his idiotic article so you’re trying a few made up attacks on me instead, pretending amy criticism was just because he was from dublin and not the shite he wrote and believes. You simpleton.

1 Like

Agreed.

Ricken wasn’t a co board favourite for many years. He was parachuted into this gig at the last minute when the old co board regime were lame ducks.

Interestingly he had Colm O neill involved in the management team. Looking at quality of performances in the full forward line throughout the campaign you could see the benefit in that.

I mentioned it yday the spread of clubs involved. It was unreal. Two clubs had two players in the 24 and the other 20 were from different clubs. Organisation involved in bringing them lads together for training etc is huge in a massive county. Loads of clubs involved as well that would rarely have cork reps e.g. 9 of the 15 starters were from clubs who didnt have a player on either snr football or hurling teams this yr

Ricken also played all their league games down in clonakilty. There was a brilliant atmosphere at these with a crowd that would have been lost in PUR or somewhere. Made sense to bring it down to the football heartland of the county too.

All in all a v encouraging campaign

2 Likes

Another incomprehensible post. I should have said earlier another emotion I experience when dealing with you is complete and utter bemusement.

You are not of particularly high intelligence and i can’t do anything for you there im afraid. I’ll spell it out, you said i criticised him solely because hes from dublin, i said no, its because his article revealed him to be an idiot. You have made no reply to this, as you have none. If you’ve nothing to say, be quiet. You dont have to be constantly heard especially when you have nothing to say.

Which article was this?

Ah look whos in desperate to have a go

“First off, in terms of this Dublin team, they lost an All-Ireland [minor] semi-final two years ago to Derry, and were hosed by Kildare last year in a Leinster [under-20] final. A different group, but a lot of the same players. I don’t see the Dublin train running through this level. If we were winning year after year I might have a different view."

But the seniors are winning year after year… Completely contradicting himself.

“Regards the funding thing, it’s a source of massive annoyance and frustration to someone like me, who’s been a lifelong volunteer in the GAA. I don’t think it’s been well researched. I could demonstrate lots of information that would make it a lot more nuanced topic than it’s been, both in print and social media, and on TV."

Of couse he doesn’t bother going into any of this ‘nuance’ he just extols, you guessed it, volunteerism. Dubliners just volunteer harder. Culchies don’t volunteer at all.

The article is set up like heres a comprehensive response, but its a fluff piece.

1 Like

He never mentioned Culchies or culchie volunteers for that matter. I do know his own club Na Fianna have 1 full time GPO covering 4 codes and 200 volunteer mentors. Can you figure out the point he is making or do you need me to explain it to you further.

Is there one club in the country that has a full time GPO? I don’t think so.

Point made

Mellows in your own county

Really? Who is that?

Oh Dear! Caught blowing shite again