Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Which narrative do you think will be ultimately closer to the truth - Tipp are in good shape or Tipp are fucked.

I will tell you in 3 weeks :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

yet another under 20\21 B title for Kerry hurling at the weekend, we pretty much own the Richie McElligott cup at this stage. A few super hurlers on the team that could push Kerry on to win the Joe McDonagh. Sadly from a hurling position these could be lost to football in 2020

Barry Mahony tipped to be on the Kerry senior football panel next year and Kilgarvan’s Donal O’Sullivan also tipped to go the same direction. O’Sullivan gave a display in the final on Saturday that was on a par with those given by Shane Conway in previous under 20\21 finals. enough said. He is super in both codes , better at hurling in my view

It wouldn’t have killed the Sunday Game to show few highlights. cameras were in Navan anyway for Kerry v Meath in Super 8s so it should have been possible to film the curtain raiser hurling

10 Likes

Seeing as ye are dominating the B grade, would ye not try and compete at the top level. Waterford underage seems to be a bit all over the place at the moment. Maybe ye could turn them over.

Carlow and Westmeath compete in Leinster.

In fact I’d argue that McDonagh/Ring counties should have the option to compete in both competitions.

At under 20 I suppose the question is what is better for Kerry’s development, a run in the B all ireland and a good chance of winning it or in all likelihood one game in the Munster championship which they are likely to lose by 10+ all things being equal.

Kerry won the top division of the Celtic Challenge this year I believe. Beat one of the Dublin sides in the final

1 Like

They aren’t really developing if they are winning this competition almost every year. I get the impression they are happy to be the big fish in a small pond.

I appreciate that they are stuck in limbo as they are too good for the B but would take hidings in Munster bar possibly Waterford who 95% of the time would beat them. Carlow, Westmeath & Kildare are getting an opportunity to develop and test themselves in Leinster. Kerry are a victim of Geography here.

I know they won one of the Celtic challenge finals but it wasn’t Div 1. Possibly Div2/3.

They beat Dublin in the div 2 final in a great game. That would be Dublins minor B Team essentially. I think Kerry minors could compete well in Leinster minor championship as there is a larger spread of counties of differing levels. Logistical difficulties would not help here though

2 Likes

Damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

1 Like

Kerry beat Laois well in the 2018 McDonagh Cup so winning Joe McDonagh is a realistic target in 2020. They beat Offaly & Westmeath in the 2019 competition so with a push in 2020 it can be done.

Talk of a step up to under 20 A grade a bit premature I am afraid. A few of the better hurlers on the team that won last weekend only became available to the hurlers a few weeks back when the footballers were knocked out.

Shur Laois were on the beer solid for 2018, hard to take much measure from that.

I am sure the Kerry players took a drink occasionally in 2018bas well.

will Laois return to the beer solid in 2020? have Laois done 2 non beer solid seasons back to back in recent history?

I took Kerry’s measure on more than Laois. They had a good few wins in the competition over the last two seasons against various opposition.

Cha Dwyer was 2 stone overweight, Eamon Kelly wasn’t bothering his hole turn up to training. It was a rabble. But well done to Kerry, a wonderful win.

1 Like

will Laois go the beer route or train on in 2020?

Shur they were on the beer in 2019, didn’t you hear?

McGlynn cleared to captain galway. Proper order

3 Likes

Comical hawkeye call there for a Mayo shot. Ball a mile wide

Great goal there from the Cork full back.

2 Likes

More green shoots for Cork football

Super goal.

Full-back with a smashing goal.