Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

If they get as many AIs out of this year’s crop as they did out of that bunch I can live with it.

6 Likes

That is very true. It’s how lads develop post U20 that really matters.

You know Cork are feeling good about themselves when the Examiner is sending notifications to your phone for Cork winning underage Munster titles.

1 Like
1 Like

You wouldn’t see Cody putting that many lads named Joshua on a team

Supposedly not a stellar team this year. Expected to be strong again next year.

1 Like

A very, very highly rated Tyrone minor side in the decider with Donegal in Ulster this evening.

They beat Down by 16 points in the QF and Fermanagh by 30 points in the SF so it will be interesting to see how that translates against a Donegal side that have some notable scalps taken so far in Monaghan and Armagh (who knocked out the reigning AI champs).

Horse Devlin’s young fella looks to be Tyrone’s main man.

Anthony Keady there is presumably the son of? Great to see him involved if it is. Players mainly drawn from the clubs surrounding the city and bigger towns, sign of the times with nothing from places like Mullagh, Kiltormer, Portumna, etc. TAD and SMM the 2 exceptions there, I’m sure 1 of the TAD lads is from Ballinasloe and I’d expect its a very unusual year for SMM.

He is indeed the great mans son.

2 Likes

SMM have featured a good bit on recent panels, McDonagh most notably. They won a minor B last year iirc

1 Like

I’d say McDonagh was the first and only so far. I think at u14 level 3 years ago Skehana got hammered in a B county final something like 6-12 to 0-0, and Mountbellew were playing in C. The same group now amalgamated are competitive in minor A and have 3 lads on the county panel, shows the struggles the smaller clubs have these days and the benefits of amalgamation for the stronger players at least.

1 Like

Apparently not a vintage Galway minor panel this year. They got hammered by Cork in a challenge game a while back although Cork have been doing that to everyone this year. Seems like next year’s bunch is highly rated though.

Is it true that there’s a COVID case amongst the Galway u20 camp?

That goalie has some puck of a ball.

1 Like

Landed it on the Kilkenny full back line. Doesn’t seem like much of a breeze either.

Kk look bit bigger physically here

We need to have 8 lads up there on our puck outs.

Thought that as well. Especially around the middle third. Completely new minor team this year so maybe a young bunch?

Unreal