Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Are Laois playing Galway or the Ulster champions next in the quarter finals?

A tough 24 hours for Laois hurling but better days ahead, Dublin are a force now and money needs to be diverted into other places like Carlow, Laois, Antrim and urban areas where hurling is still weak enough (despite recent improvements) like Limerick city.

[quote=“dodgy-keeper, post: 798482, member: 1552”]Are Laois playing Galway or the Ulster champions next in the quarter finals?

A tough 24 hours for Laois hurling but better days ahead, Dublin are a force now and money needs to be diverted into other places like Carlow, Laois, Antrim and urban areas where hurling is still weak enough (despite recent improvements) like Limerick city.[/quote]

Itll show whether the gaa are serious about developing hurling or it was all just bullshit to get dublin hurlers going well in croker to draw big crowds. Dublin need no more special funding.

[quote=“dodgy-keeper, post: 798482, member: 1552”]Are Laois playing Galway or the Ulster champions next in the quarter finals?

A tough 24 hours for Laois hurling but better days ahead, Dublin are a force now and money needs to be diverted into other places like Carlow, Laois, Antrim and urban areas where hurling is still weak enough (despite recent improvements) like Limerick city.[/quote]
Laois get Antrim so they still have a chance of an All Ireland semi final, two big beatings to Kilkenny to recover from though, but if anyone can do it, Critchley can. We cant be getting disappointed about losing Leinster Finals, more the manner of the defeat. They tried, just weren’t there, yet.

Agreed. Time to move funds. Cheddar and Critchley have stuck the fight to Croke Park, lets see if O’Neill has any power there at all. Now is the time to back Laois hurling, we’ve shown we have the intent, we’ve lit the fire, we need them to fan the flames.

Our boys nearly blew it today. I’d say without the benefit of a home town referee we might get over the line on Tuesday week. Great game.

Very exciting game. Waterford physically much stronger than limerick but tenacious attacking from us kept the game alive. Some wonderful scores from Waterford today.

To be honest I thought Waterford were much slicker, Limerick showed tremendous heart to fight back but it would have been daylight robbery if we had nicked it at the end.

Waterford full forward line was lethal. That Gleeson lad at 6 could be a superstar, he was phenomenal. For Limerick I hate hyping young lads but Cian Lynch looks a great prospect. Classy little hurler.

Waterford should have killed the game with 10 to go but tried to engineer the perfect goal instead of tacking on the points. In the end we were very very lucky not to lose.

Gleeson is a tremendous hurler but not what you want in a centre back in a tight game. Doesn’t really dominate the space and Limerick were pouring through the centre in the finish.

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 801718, member: 706”]Waterford should have killed the game with 10 to go but tried to engineer the perfect goal instead of tacking on the points. In the end we were very very lucky not to lose.

Gleeson is a tremendous hurler but not what you want in a centre back in a tight game. Doesn’t really dominate the space and Limerick were pouring through the centre in the finish.[/quote]

What club is Gleeson from Fagan ODowd? Jesus there was one stage there in the second half when he won everything single handedly for about ten minutes. Looks a class act.

A lad behind me in the terrace kept roaring at our goalie when he was taking the puckouts “just keep it away from that fucker!!!”

[quote=“dodgy-keeper, post: 801721, member: 1552”]What club is Gleeson from Fagan ODowd? Jesus there was one stage there in the second half when he won everything single handedly for about ten minutes. Looks a class act.

A lad behind me in the terrace kept roaring at our goalie when he was taking the puckouts “just keep it away from that fucker!!!”[/quote]
Gleeson comes from Waterfords famed nursery, Mount Sion.

Monaghan have won their first Ulster minor football title since 1945, coming coming from 9 points down to beat Tyrone. 4-10 to 2-14.

Farney Army. :clap:

Donegal have already made four substitutions in this game. I’ll be highly surprised if there’s not a sending off in this game too.

What a cock up

What’s goin on?

Is this on the radio anywhere??

Lmk 2pts to no score after 10mins.

3pts to no score.

4 pts to no score great start.

5 pts now.

Wford goal

6pts to 1-0

6pts to 1-1