Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

So, am I right in thinking the last 8 line up is

Galway vs Laois
Donegal vs Cork
Kildare vs Mayo
Kerry vs Derry

1 Like

That’s correct

I missed the minor game last week but the spectators in the stand were raving about the performance of Donegal’s Niall O’Donnell, he is supposed to be the next big thing, guys.

FT in Tullamore:
Kildare 2-14 Mayo 2-08

Semi Final line-up is as follows:
Galway v Donegal
Kildare v Kerry

Kildare and Kerry practically the final.

Christ they’ll win by almost a point a man.

Looking forward to seeing how good Donegal’s Niall O’Donnell is today, he was being raved about before the Ulster final in Clones.

Saw him in Clones that day. Lovely balanced player. Reminded me of Declan O Sullivan in the way he carried the ball and could solo at high speed of either foot.

1 Like

O’Donnell looks a class act.

Donegal look all at sea in the full back line.

Donegal look embarrassingly loose in their full back line.

Galway could well win this by a cricket score.

Referee doesn’t seem too bothered about blowing fouls.

Seems to be some sort of alternate Championship with Galway playing 14 men behind the ball and Donegal going all out attack.

Score?

1-05 to 0-03 in Galway’s favour.

Donegal a shambles, referee atrocious.

Donegal looked inferior to Cork as well in the first half the last day. They were a different animal 2nd half.

I would suggest having a sconce at prices

Donegal just running into blind alleys the whole time. They have no patience against a well drilled defensive Galway unit and are shooting themselves in the foot.

Galway should be further ahead than the 4 points at the minute.

Just sat down to it. What number is he?

Had a bright start but since then Donegal have decided to sprint the ball out of the back into a blanket defence and get overturned meaning he has seen little of the ball.

Think Donegal look like they have that little more about them but the tactics are suicidal from them, they need to show a bit more patience in manufacturing score and not just bomb everyone forward.

Referee has been poor, he’s not calling blatant fouls on both sides but this is probably more detrimental to Donegal as Galway have oceans of space to break into when they overturn the ball.

Donegal are done here, brainless stuff.