Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

To the best of my knowledge, heā€™s a Kyle player, hurling underage in Roscrea. Kyle donā€™t have an underage team. But heā€™s been in the Laois Development squads all the way up.

Heā€™s meant to be in school now in Mountrath though, so to be honest, this is a bit of an odd one to me.

Anything to the ex-politician, or would there be a hape of Parlons round that country?

Wouldnā€™t be too many, he could very well be. I only heard of the chap recently. As best I know, Parlon would be up around that area.

Parlon didnā€™t line out on Saturday, despite being picked. Rumours rampant since, official line was a knock, but suspicion is that heā€™s not eligible and they didnā€™t want to risk it. Heā€™s been with Laois for years, how in the name of jaysus could they not have asked the question up to now is beyond me, but this is Laois.

Laois smacked the shit out of Offaly anyway, 2-22 to 0-14.

They travel to Dublins second ground on Saturday to take on Dublin.

Whoā€™s over them?

Laois heating Offaly would be a bit of a surprise. Offaly fancied themselves a bit. They won the Celtic Challenge U17 yoke last year. I had also heard from a Laois man that Laois were not fancied this year. Maybe ye are hustling?

Denis Ring again.

The Cork team to play Limerick in the Munster U17 Hurling Championship Quarter-Final tomorrow Tuesday 11th April @ 7pm in the Gaelic Grounds Limerick has been announced as follows

Cork U17 Hurling Team.

1. Luke Donovan - Na Piarsaigh

2. Eoin Roche - Bride Rovers

3. Ciaran Nyhan - Ballinascarthy

4. Ronan Sheehan - Mallow

5. Daire Connery - Na Piarsaigh

6. Conor Oā€™Callaghan - Dromtarriffe

7. Jack Hallahan - Cloyne

8. Liam Ryan - Inniscarra

9. Sean Twomey - Courcey Rovers

10. Declan Hanlon - Blarney

11. Colin Oā€™Brien - Granard Gaels

12. Tommy Oā€™Connell - Midleton

13. Owen McCarthy - Inniscarra

14. Joe Stack - Kilta Og

15. Brian Roche - Bride Rovers

16. Eoin Davis - St. Catherines

17. Jamie Copps - Ballyhea

18. Sean McCarthy - Fermoy

19. Ronan McCarthy - St Oliver Plunketts

20. Cormac Oā€™Brien - Newtownshandrum

21. Kevin Finn - Midleton

22. Kian Farmer - Midleton

23. Killian Murphy - Sarsfields

24. Shane Barrett - Blarney

I wouldnt pay any heed at all to that Celtic challenge thing. It was dependant on the group you were in and even at that, half the counties in it were split someway. And it was for players not on county minor teams too, so absolute no reading of form whatsoever from it. In saying that, Wexford won 2 trophies at it and paraded them around for weeks after.

2 Likes

We were Div 4 in that celtic challenge thing, so yea, this was unexpected, we were trimmed by Antrim in the Leinster league a few weeks ago as well so I doubt it was hustling anyway.

Munster Football

Kerry hammered Clare
Cork hammered Tipp

Que sera sera

That All Ireland Final appearance in 2015 is but a faded memory.

Minor All Irelands fade quickly sadly. But weā€™ll always have the Jaegers.

Half Time

Meath 1-10 Dublin 0-3

One ten to 3 points ?? Really ?

Yes. Itā€™s 1-10 to 0-9 now

Dublin 1-11 Meath 1-11.

Extra time to be played

Dublin by two after extra time.

ā€œPenaltyā€ decisions at 8.05 and 8.45

Thoughts gents?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wkZEfs9_jk