Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Laois fucked that away in normal time. They had their own penalty and missed it and at the end, the sub had a handy 30 yard kick but tried get in closer and kicked it wide. Should have won it in normal time.

That said, the Louth penalty was a definite one. The full back made no effort to play or block the ball, he just ran straight across the attacker as he was shooting.

The Laois one was a definite penalty too, arguably a black card too. The earlier Laois penalty was soft enough too, and they didnt even want the penalty as he scored a goal anyway.

Much like anything, if you can win by focusing on the things in your control, then the ref will have no impact. Laois could have won in spite of the ref, even given his lack of a penalty late on.

Laois should have won that in normal time, definitely. The first Laois penalty should have been let off for advantage as Whelan scored. The subsequent penalty (Alan Kinsella, son of the referee nigger Kinsella), who is a great bit of stuff, made a shite of the penalty. The sub should easily have popped over the winning score alright, but youā€™d forgive a chap for trying to get a bit closer at that age group after just coming on.

The penalty not given though was shocking, jaysus he even rolled over on him as well when they fell over.

Two definite penalties, foot block and rugby tackleā€¦

The one the referee ignored at the end was ridiculous.

Galway beat Mayo 3-15 to 0-11 today.

Whatā€™s this now!

Nigger Kinsella, the All Ireland referee, recently retired. Alanā€™s a fine footballer.

Laois Minor Hurlers beat Meath yesterday, took foot off gas but eased home in the end after a big half time lead. Lot of dual players on both Laois minor teams, with Ciaran Comerford a stand out on both. The Hurlers play Kilkenny next in the semi final. Footballers have Meath I believe who somehow fucked away a great lead against Dublin last time out

@caoimhaoin
@Turenne

Cork hammeried Waterford in MHC . They have already won the U17 Munster handy enough. I told ye fuckers Cork were on the march and ye wouldnā€™t listen.

Waterford lost to Clare 1-24 to 0-09 in the first round. Tonight they lost to Cork 1-24 to 0-08. Still, given the bizarre system in the Munster minor hurling championship Waterford get another chance against Limerick. Winner plays Clare in the semi final.

Waterford could in theory beat Limerick, then Clare, then lose the Munster final before winning the AI through the back door after losing three matches in their own province.

Mind you they were woeful tonight and probably as bad a minor team theyā€™ve produced in decades. Limerick should be beating them comfortably.

Tipp v Cork in Thurles in the other semi and Iā€™d expect Tipp to get through that one.

1 Like

That is some cluster fuck of a structure. I think Cork will give Tipp a serious game. I saw Dublin play both and they are both strong

Tipp v Cork and Limerick v Clare arenā€™t nailed on semi finals even if Limerick, as will be expected, beat Waterford.

Thereā€™ll be a draw with repeat parings to be avoided, the only of which would be Limerick v Tipperary. We could still draw Cork.

Oh right, heard the Cork manager Ring on radio today and he was saying the carrot for winning tonight was a trip for them to play Tipp in the semi final in June.

If itā€™s Limerick v Clare do we have home advantage? Think the last time we met they beat us in Ennis in extra time, Barry Oā€™Connell may have grabbed a last minute goal in normal time.

Myself and @TheUlteriorMotive have this one boxed off for a while.

Nah, we beat them in the first round in the Gaelic Grounds last year. Cork would be a home game for us alright.

Jesus yeah, how could I forgot. An awful game, hard to believe we made an AI final after scraping a win that night.

Actually, now that I think of it, weā€™d be away to Cork also. Lost down there in the opening round in 2015 but beat them, minus Kingston, in the semi-final in the Gaelic Grounds afterwards,

Ya there is a very good bunch hurling and football between 16 & 18 and largely good lads involved with them.

I would ignore the u17, only team to use Minors, thats a huge advantage. I also believe Waterford are weak for 2-3 years

However the problem has been after that. U21 selection and management has been a massive issue other than john Cleary for around 10 years. There is no pathway.

Footballers are very good. They have 5 u17s added to 10 lads who played last year against Donegal and Kerry. They have Kerry at home next wednesday. Losers out. Huge game in ways.

Clare beat them by the same amount. Ultimately our reward is a knock-out semi in Thurles to the AI favourites. Barring a colossal effort and a load of luck itā€™ll be Clare/Limerick versus Tipp in the Munster Final.

Semi-Final Permutations Explained
The Semi-Final draw when made last Autumn set out the following, UNLESS there is a repeat of a Quarter-Final pairing ā€“
Winner of Clare v Waterford (CLARE) v Winner of S-F Playoff 1 (CORK)
Winner of Tipperary v Limerick (TIPPERARY) v Winner of S-F Playoff 2 (LIMERICK OR WATERFORD)
Following the 3 games played in the competition to date, there are two semi-final permutations remaining
If Waterford defeat Limerick on May 11th, the semi-final line-up is unchanged from the original draw and is as follows ā€“
Clare v Cork on June 28th
Tipperary v Waterford on June 29th
If Limerick defeat Waterford, the semi-final line up is as follows as Tipperary cannot play Limerick having met in the Quarter-Final ā€“
Clare v Limerick on June 28th
Tipperary v Cork on June 29th

3 Likes

Laois have seriously mugged Meath GAA off this past week. Minor Hurling senior Hurling and today the minor football. Meath will be seething at that minor football especially.

1 Like