Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Hard to know about Brown’s footballing ability, but a serious athlete & ballwinner. Only 16? Impressive unit.

That fell perfectly for the Kerry forward, should have just placed it into the corner, no need to pick it up.

TG4 giving MOTM to Clifford

Biggest winning margin and highest ever score in a minor final

I heard the next two teams are due to be as good?

Breeda Clifford :clap:

To reflect on Clifford’s magical performance last weekend, Radio Kerry spoke to his grandmother Breeda Clifford to get her reaction to what she termed a “wonderful day”.

She was asked what it is like to be Clifford’s grandmother

I was his grandmother yesterday and I’m the same grandmother today…. When he started to walk, the first thing that came in the door with David was his football. He played in my yard. I often heard a bang on the window and I said, oh, my God, is it gone? It survived and they moved from the yard to my little orchard.

I saw, oh, some of my flower beds are flat but they’ll all be up again tomorrow.

The first day David went to school, his mam sent me a photograph of Paudie (his brother) and himself outside their front door, his little bag on his back and in both his hands was David’s football. That has been the story of David all along.

I’d go over to visit and ask, ‘Where is David?’ ‘Where do you think Nana?’ David was outside hitting it up against the wall of the house, or his Dad put up a pair of little goals, so there he’d be.

David is only doing it because he loves it.

I’ve never been to any of David’s matches because I’m unable to travel. But ever since he lined out for the final of the Hogan Cup last April twelve months, I’ve phoned David and the phone call between myself and David has followed on last year and this year. That’s my link with David, and I hope now that he;'s going to take me to Fossa, I’d like to see him in person.

2 Likes

A boost to the proponents of hittin’ a ball again a wall

1 Like

How twee

2 Likes

Hard to know, they have never played together.

Stand out players not emerging thpugh. Very good “teams”

1 Like

And all the lovelier for it

Leinster results from this evening

Laois 0-11 Wexford 2-3
Louth 6-9 Wicklow 5-12
Kildare 1-13 Carlow 0-2
Meath 1-13 Dublin 2-8
Offaly 1-12 Westmeath 1-9

2 Likes

Louth and Wicklow looked a cracker .

I’ve heard Wicklow have finally seemed to get their act together at underage. They are beating Dublin at under 15/16 level. That being said it will probably all go to pot when those lads reach senior and fall out with each after a few riots at club level.

2 Likes

Is this round robin or what’s the structure?

Round robin. Group of 5 and a group of 6.

Not sure is it quarters or semis after the group stages.

Wicklow bet Dublin tonight in minor Football Round Robin. 2-6 0-8 in Parnell Park. Dublin on the verge of going out.

Dublin Gaa badly needs some extra funding. The Gaa needs a strong Dublin.

1 Like

hon the garden county

great fillip for them, now if some had there way they wouldn’t be in the same competition as de Dubs

weaker county and all that, these results should be highlighted , it seems to be just the hammerings like the Kerry under 21s v Waterford get highlighted.

1 Like

What sort of useless cunt cant get a tune out of the Dublin minors? I’d say he’s for the high jump whoever he is?

Laois got spanked by Kildare last night in the shithole carpark. They weren’t meant to be outstanding, but that was a bit of a surprise nonetheless.

Results like last night don’t happen often enough though. Looking at the group now it seems most likely that Meath and Wicklow will go through and Dublin will go out. Wicklow nad Meath play each other next week in Aughrim. Wicklow need at least a draw to go through. Meath are already qualified so they have nothing to play for. On top of that they will have a Leinster semi final 4 days later. I’ve a feeling they may rest a few of their better players. Probaby around 15 of them!

Who’s likely to challenge Kerry? Or will anyone get within 10 points of them?