Official All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Final 2009 Thread: KK vs Tipp

Tipp lads getting very rattled and it’s only December.

5 Likes

I replied to this mate. Phantom penalty :slight_smile:

Yes it clearly shouldn’t have been a penalty and it changed the game

Galway boys showing off how obsessed they are with Tipp again and its only December

:rofl:

This isn’t true. Tipp were on top before he went off.
I remember 09 and 10 as classics, but sport rarely stands the test of time.

Yeah but the frees missed and general lack of imagination without him cost them. Tipp were 4 points ahead heading to injury time, shefflins worth 4 points. Then who knows what would have happened. 12 months earlier tipp bottled it with the line in sight. No shefflin and Brian Hogan and they ran at the end. Don’t underestimate how good Hogan was then

10 wasn’t a classic, very scrappy. 09 was.

Diarmuid Kirwan completely changed the complexion of the game by incorrectly awarding a pelanty to kk.
There was a blatant push in the back on Paul Curran for the 2nd kk goal also.

Nobody in Tipp argued the Benny Dunne sending off.

To be fair that was a scandalous penalty decision.

Cody losing the rag with Marty in the interview after then.

Ye were beaten by 5 points ffs

1 Like

The world doesn’t work like that. If the penalty wasn’t awarded the whole game would be completely different, Tipp may have been beaten anyway but its not a certainty

1qingt

3 Likes

It was a 50/50 call. Softish but ive seen em given. Maybe its a collective sparing dunne of blame that has tipp folk convinced it was robbery.

KK were the best team in 09. Tipp were the best team against a weakened KK in 10. Case closed.

1 Like

The irony of @maroonandwhite liking this post :laughing:

That’s the painful truth alright. Pity tipp didn’t get the chance in 2011, 12 or 14 to prove they could beat that Kilkenny team when they were fit

The silly season is truly here. I would pretty much bet that if one was to go down through the last 50 years of championship, somewhere along the line the eventual champions got a lucky call or perceived lucky call that swung a game their way. Them’s the breaks.

1 Like

Ah here. Far be it from me to defend Tipp but there was no penalty. If anything the Kilkenny lad (Power?) could have been done for charging and overcarrying.

Must look at the incident again but from memory it was an awful decision that totally changed the momentum of that match. Like the great side they were Kilkenny took full advantage.

Throw up the clip there and we’ll argue over it. Tis the season

Cc @Copper_pipe