Official All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Final 2009 Thread: KK vs Tipp

Yes, but you’re forgetting the Kilkenny steps rule was in place at the time.

(Btw, Gunner Eye. Very good, I’ll have to use that one)

In my lifetime (approaching the half ton mark) the head to head in AI SH Finals is Tipperary 4 - 3 Kilkenny with one draw, I’m content in the knowledge that when it comes to the big prize, we are statistically more likely to win when Kilkenny are the opponents, this is a constant over the entire history of the Hurling Championship rather than an arbitrary half century, 11-8 I believe is the head to head in finals.

2 Likes

You are neglecting the fact that there were two distinct eras, pre-helmet and post-helmet.

Diarmuid Kirwan is known for being a notorious gambler (like many GGA refs all over the country cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy)

At least they bate them in 10 and 16. Any other crowd of cunts who met them in a final filled their togs

Well since 1980s when helmets became widespread, it’s 3-3. Since 2010 when helmets became compulsory it’s 2-2

1 Like

09 was a great game. Never really felt like we were going to win it that day though. The missed goal chances were what killed us. Weren’t cute enough that year

1 Like

Lacking the Eye of the Tiger :man_shrugging:

:joy::joy::+1:

My lifetime, those criteria: 4/4/1.

But you are conveniently forgetting four other (21st century) championship defeats: 2002, 2003, 2012, 2013. What could be more artificial than holding championship fare begins with the AIF? Not to mention five successive NHL Final defeats.

So: 8/4/1. The statistical worm turned.

Rest of your lfe, you will be a meadow orphan. Live with it. Everyone hates ye, as before, but now they no longer even fear ye.

By ‘ye’, I mean Tipp supporters of a certain obnoxious amnesiac obtuseness. The hurlers are the finest. Had a drink with a couple of the 2010 team a couple of months ago and they were as brilliant at the counter as on the field.

“content”… Ah yeah. Of course.

As if an Aztec turned and said: ‘I’m happy with a lock of hair.’

1 Like

The All Ireland is the big show baby, nothing else matters as per your initial boast of 21-6 over 50 odd years.
You set the terms of reference.
Over the last 3 years the record is Tipperary 1-0 Kilkenny. You’ll remember 2016, your twitter meltdown and Seamie Callanan giving Joey Holden a bigger hole opening than you gave that poor young one from Golden

2 Likes

This is fantastic.

2 Likes

“content”

“Over the last 3 years”: was it for this burbling that Dan Breen lived and died? And then you have the lads going on about The Tan War…

Not long for the rale Tipponess to emerge. You are a nasty piece of work, as thick as pig ordure plaited, and quite the quintessence of why ye are hated. I know a million times more about Tipperary hurling than the 95%+ represented by know nothings such as the likes of you.

I can also tell you many Tipp hurlers hate the likes of you. They believe, with good reason, ye cost them matches. Sure, if ye did not exist, Tipperary might well have 40 Senior All Irelands. Then again, would Tipp really be Tipp without Tippos?

1 Like

You are quite simply a deranged individual.

I think everyone here can see which individual is given to the democracy of spittle.

Now, do not forget: many Tipp hurlers hate the likes of you. They really do – with sound reason.

I have it on good authority that every Tipperary hurler since 1971 thinks I’m dead sound, so there.

Ah yeah.

“content”

You would know by you.

And they’d be slagging us Limerick lads :joy:

You have my permission to quote me on twitter buddy.

I always wondered what a softened cough sounded like.

Rather like a choked grunt.