Official All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Final 2009 Thread: KK vs Tipp

You’re not wrong. An astute judge, our Labane.

Excellent points here.

That tipp team was a serious outfit. 09 was their greatest showing, they made the actual greatest team of all time look under serious pressure for 60 minutes. Had them just hanging on. I was in the lower cusack and it was just electric. Never been at anything like it before or since. 10 was a damp squib of a game in comparison.

2 Likes

Channel 421 now if you want to throw the ball in again

Watched that on eirsport last night. I was at that game and it’s funny how the memory can twist things. The Benny Dunne sending off in my memory happened in a completely different place on the pitch.

Also reminded me of Pat Kerwick. Speedy and skilful but often as they say “no end product”

I thought Duignan frantically making excuses for Benny was hilarious

Run for cover lads.

Jeez he does talk some shit - then & still.

Fine manly pulling :grin:

1 Like

No issue with Waterford’s filth the first day. They crossed the line with their personal comments on the pitch however and got what they deserved second day

Guinness on board?

The Benny Dunne thing? No. I love going to games in Croke Park. I think it’s brilliant experience and so never have more than 2 pints. Only time I went to a game in Croke with a load on was a club final many many years ago and regretted it afterwards.

1 Like

Same,was at a football semi Cork v Dublin in 78 ISH( might be wrong date) lash of Heineken down the neck - missed half the match pissing

1 Like

That was the year Heineken was launched here

1 Like

Never looked back?:sunglasses: Turned to Beamish after it- off the bevy for years but bloody enjoyable while it lasted