Official Arsenal FC Thread - 2016/17

He did make a proper offer. Liverpool for some reason got away with not accepting the release clause

They tried to get him on the cheap. If they were serious they would have offered 60 million.

His release clause was Ā£40m and they offered Ā£40m. The Liverpool owner admitted this afterwards

Spot on . The team that drinks together , wins together . Nothing like a few pints , discussion on the horses & bants about women to foster a winning ā€œesprit de corpsā€.

1 Like

Merson and Adams nearly died over their addiction issues. I wouldnā€™t go advocating the Tuesday club too loudly. Another former great Kenny Sansom is almost on skid row.
You never got characters like that playing for the Yids. Gazza was the only renegade who played for Tottenham that I can ever recall, Arsenal may have been boring on the pitch but their players and club were always likeable unlike their richer, tighter neighbours.

Your obsession with Spurs amuses me.

1 Like

the great teams didnt do any of that

Arsenal did , Liverpool did , Kerry did , jock steinā€™s Celtic did , granted Kk didnā€™t .

Inter & Madrid of the 60ā€™s didnā€™t
Ajax Amsterdam & Munich of the 70ā€™s didnt
Milan of the 80ā€™s & 90ā€™s didnt

Sport happens beyond the North Atlantic Archipelago FFS

1 Like

Eyeties are joyless . Madrid were bankrolled by fascists . The Ajax team partied hard .

sigh

Jimmy Greaves was fond of a few scoops.

Yeha thats true in fairness. He didnā€™t take a good ol iron like Hursty winning the world cup too well.

Sigh my hole .

#theo :100: :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Inspirational leadership from Theo

Really was.

Surprised not to see this thread bumped -

That first half was utter, utter muck. No fight, no desire no ideasā€¦ Sad to see it end up like this but he has to go. He just needs to come out and say it now and put an end to the agony - at least the fans will accept heā€™s moving on and might be a bit more appreciative of everything he has given over the years. As it is they are gonna up murdering him,

In fairness the dogs in the streets of Islington know the season is over. Iā€™ve never had less interest in watching Arsenal as I do at the moment. Whatā€™s the best that can happen between now and the end of the season? A decent run to get Top 4 and possibly the FA Cup? Boring. Iā€™d rather they finished 7th than get back in the Champions League next season. Boring as fuck.

1 Like

Jesus. :hushed:
Pulis making shit of them.