Official Aston Villa V Blackburn Carling Cup Second Leg thread

Wembley only touching distance today and yet I have a very bad feeling about tonight. This is primarily based on the performance v West Ham at the weekend coupled with Blackburn’s comfortable win over Fulham. Added to that I have grave misgivings about MON’s ability to pick the right side tonight plus some players naturally looked fatigued at the weekend.

Guzan will start hopefully he wont be as nervy as the last day. Cuellar at right back is a nonsense as is Heskey on the pitch. I’d go for a 451 with Gabby up front alone, Delph in midfield with Milner and Petrov. Luke Young in ahead of Cuellar. Think we would easily monopolise possession if that were the side picked. Also only found out that away goals only count after extra time in the Carling Cup so I’m fearful of a long night at Villa Park.

[COLOR=“white”]…

Is that the bould Pat?

Heskey and Cuellar starting. Bad news.

Disastrous goalkeeping and an awful start. Cuellar has made five unforced errors in the first 10 mins.

Cuellar simply has to be taken off.

I love when you flick over just in time to catch a goal.

Get in you beauty!!

why is Andrews not playing? Is he injured?

Poor again from MON at the break. Cuellar and Heskey should have been replaced for young and Delph. Extra man in midfield would ensure constant possession against ten men. Milner has been getting ahead of the ball far too often and we are getting outnumbered centrally as a result

Ah MON is a genius, delighted for him and Dunney. If Citeh cant win this, I truly hope Villa do.

Even Heskey scores. Goal drought over but this is a worrying performance in truth.

Andrews was togged out on Saturday but was unused,must keep an eye out for Blackburns bench see if hes there anywhere,dropped probably.
Not a bad oul game this,few goals to be entertaining us anyway,giving Agbonlahor the 4th goal is a joke,it glanced off his arm from Milners piledriver and then Agbon has the neck to run off celebrating,Milner should have taken after him and gave him a kick in the hole.

[quote=“THE LINK WALSH”]Andrews was togged out on Saturday but was unused,must keep an eye out for Blackburns bench see if hes there anywhere,dropped probably.
Not a bad oul game this,few goals to be entertaining us anyway,giving Agbonlahor the 4th goal is a joke,it glanced off his arm from Milners piledriver and then Agbon has the neck to run off celebrating,Milner should have taken after him and gave him a kick in the hole.[/QUOTE]

5-4 now,shit keeper.

Odd scenes there at the end…

Shocking hooliganism from the Villa fans. Incredibly dangerous stuff. There’ll be a death yet. :eek::rolleyes:

Very odd, dunno what thats about

What happened?

If that Uber Cunt Sean Ban BReathnach was there he’d be in tears.

Pitch invasion to “celebrate” a semi final win…