Official Aston Villa V Blackburn Carling Cup Second Leg thread

Just to clarify, I was being sarcastic.

Villa fans:clap:

Best game of kick ball I’ve seen in a long time

I`ve thought about this pitch invasion and decided “yea, why the fuck not?”

KIB must be gone on the lash.

City would have done it.

Time will tell. Anyway, City have won semi finals, who can ever forget the Division 2 (now League 1 formerly Div 3) Play Off Semi Final and Final win:clap:

Firstly, its good to be back in a Cup final no matter if its the Milk, Littlewoods, Coca Cola, Worthington or Carling Cup. Its good to be part of an occasion and hopefully will increase the players confidence etc. FA Cup draw is opening up nicely too for us.

After a bit of a goal drought was good to lash in six. Two players - Young and Heskey needed the goals. Hard to credit Gabby with that elbow effort. Despite ten goals I didnt particularly enjoy the game nor thought we played that well. Game changed with red card. From that on we were never likely to lose despite conceding two more.

Team selection was all wrong from the outset. While I admire MON for giving Guzan a chance in this competition if we have any desire in winning this then he simply has to be dropped for the final. Hopeless, really hopeless actually. Cuellar was beyond awful tonight. Warnock was badly exposed aerially and Collins isnt as solid as he was before getting injured. Cuellar may have a saving grace and be moved inside. Luke Young simply has to come back in at right back. Conceding four at home to Blackburn and two to a ten man Blackburn is pretty diabolical.

Downing was decent enough tonight. Bit like Milner I think he is more comfortable centrally but is a tidy enough footballer. The axis of Petrov and Milner is still a work in progress centrally. Milner got ahead of the ball far far too much early on. That might be ok if there was a Roy Keane like player behind him but Petrov is slow and cant cover for two men. We were wide open in midfield at times and Milner was pretty poor when the game was in the balance. Very easy play when the tie is over and couldnt understand his man of the match award. Young delivered when it mattered, superb cross in for the first goal. Definitely a nudge but Nelsen gambled on the ref’s whistle rather than doing his job. Heskey was hopeless in the first half. Improved in the second but was easy to then in fairness. Gabby was shocking I felt. Won the crucial penalty which I doubt he would have finished. Missed a sitter and was credited with a farcical goal. His touch was very poor. Another big moan from me was the lack of subsitutions. Game was over after the third goal for Villa. Yet MON’s only change was Sidwell for last five mins. He claims to have learned from last season but evidently not. A thirty minute cameo could have been given to the young players like Delph and Fonz and gained valuable experience. It was hard to fathom how they werent given the opportunity.

Guzan 2, Cuellar 2, Collins 5, Dunne 7, Warnock 5, Young 7, Petrov 6, Milner 6, Downing 7, Gabby 4, Heskey 6.

KIB man loves this Delph fella,i must keep an eye out for him.