Official Fitz/Sigerson/3rd level thread

Good to see he’s finally made it as a journalist.

I hope i don’t need to say it.

Quilligan was centre back for UCC yet he is deemed not good eough to play there at club level in Clare

Wouldn’t have known him Puke to be honest, but its a weak team alright, they had a few injuries, but some of the decisions they seem to have made are well off sync at the same time. Turrene is a man who may know more.

He was centre back for the clare 21’s in 2008 more due to the fact that there was no real alternative(they were all in America) than his hurling ability…Sixmilebridge normally play him corner back and would be seen as their fourth choice centre back…

LIT are masters at Fitz shitehawkery. Remember when I was in UL we were to play them in a league semi or prelimiary match out in LIT one day and last minute after us waiting for the dressing rooms to be opened we were moved out the play in some pitch in the arsehole of Clare, them counts were there and nearly finished their warm up when we arrived. Bet the shite out of them for a finish.

Normally, as an alumni, I’d follow UL with interest.

However with a clubman starring for WIT the focus is clearly there this year.

LIT 1-15 UCD 2-9

Can’t wait for the semi-final now

Mary I trio facing bans
27 February 2010

Tipperary’s All-Star midfielder Shane McGrath is one of three high-profile hurlers facing possible 12-week bans as a result of playing in the Ryan Cup for Mary Immaculate College Limerick while ineligible.

Fellow Tipperary player Darragh Egan and Waterford midfielder Jamie Nagle are also at risk of suspension. The trio lined out in Mary I’s Ryan Cup group match against Trinity College on February 10, despite questions over their eligibility. As a result of a challenge from the GAA’s Higher Education Board to the legality of the trio and one other player, Mary I subsequently forfeited their semi-final clash with Tralee IT, due to be played last Thursday, after their appeal failed at the Central Appeals Committee.

The teacher training college had requested a postponement which was not granted and are now considering bringing their case to the DRA.

The confusion over eligibility stems from Mary I’s post graduate course’s 18-month term, a degree which carries 90 academic credits. To be eligible to compete in third level GAA competition in any given year, a student must have acquired 60 credits in that particular season.

However, as the quartet in question played in last season’s Ryan Cup, they have used 60 of their academic credits, leaving them with an insufficient number in order to partake in this year’s competition.

McGrath, Egan and Nagle now face an anxious wait to discover whether or not they will be suspended for their county’s remaining National League Division 1 games.

In other news DCU have beaten UCC in the Sigerson Final 1-11 to 0-10…

Did Mary I not win the Ryan Cup last year?

and with names like the above, would they not put up a better show at Fitz level than GMIT or Jordanstown??

they did but decided against going up to fitz level because they have such small numbers. If they had gone up they would not be able to play any of their freshers

Yeah, I think it has been the same for a while.
My brother played for Mary I in the late 90s and was left in the same situation with them winning the lower tier competition and not moving up.
I think Mark Foley was there at the time as well.

H’ON LIT!!!

LIT/UL final!!! bring it on!!!

Anyone have the times for friday’s games?

I’m hearing reports that LIT have been timbered in Extra Time?

Yep LIT and the joe show are gone…sounds like it was an absolute cracker of a game…

A great day for Clon. Tough on young Willie.

heard wille got a nose bleed …as a laois man he wouldnt be used to playing at such a high level…

Half time in the second semi final
Waterford IT 0-05 0-09 University Limerick, Dangan, 2.15pm
Shane Dooley with 4pts

UCG 1-24 LIT 1-23 AET Unreal :lol: