Official TFK GAA Coaches Corner

I understand what he does.

Its Constraints led 1.01

You are seperating championship and preperation. You say there is a “pressure” in championship. I assume you are saying this is an external mental pressure?

But that physical pressure in training is a different thing?

Is that what you are saying?

The u16 football championship returns tonight. A daunting task of heading to Abbeyfeale for a 6 pm throw in. 6pm ffs. They must think we have fuck all else to do. The championship is back very early this season a whole 3 months earlier than last year , we were nearly caught on the hop but have managed to get a few decent sessions under our belt before the off thanks to so great help from guest trainer @TreatyStones.

1 Like

That’s a joke really. And Newcastle have to go out to Galbally for 6 aswell.

It’s not really encouraging volunteers, when you pretty much have to take a half-day off work for an U-16 match.

It is a 10 team group this year which is a positive if the end set-up for championship semi’s keeps it alive to the last two rounds. Check whether it is hurling or football on the bank holiday Mondays.

Two rounds of football senior & inter championship are fixed for the May weekend and the August weekend.
Meanwhile the premier inter hurling was moved off Easter weekend but that could now be a problem if the Cork league 1/4 is on the weekend of the 2nd & we make the semi on the 16th

1 Like

After one game so far this year (before last weekend), I’ll have another 5 played between last Sunday and next. Club players are always giving out about a lack of games I suppose :sweat_smile:

https://myfastestmile.com/what-we-believe/

Good article about where coaching is going. Worth following this guy and The Player Decelopment Project also.

1 Like

@Breaking_my_balls

Did you take up the coaching offer in the end?
If so, how did it / is it going?

Turned it down due to redeployment at work and new bobba on the way… thought about it long and hard though, was sickened I couldn’t take it. They’re going well enough, on course to make it out of the group

2 Likes

With consistent work on mobility and speed at training this lad has improved immensely, scored 3 goals in our last match and 1-1 the week before :clap:

13 Likes

Isn’t all the work put in worth it now. The satisfaction of bringing a player up the that standard is just immense.

2 Likes

What are you shiting on about, you wouldn’t coach pigs to be dirty.

You’re running around following @Brimmer_Bradley with lame put downs and basically making a dunce of yourself.

Up your game ffs.

Fuck off and mind your own business fucktard. That dose can give as good as he gets. He goes around giving it billy big balls when it suits and goes crying to you when he’s getting it back. He’s either hurling or he’s not. Now, DON’T EVER COME ON HERE AGAIN AND TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN’T DO YOU MISERABLE PITYFUL EXCUSE OF A MAN!

1 Like

That’s hilarious coming from the Tipp Mi-Wadi

I’d nearly give it a like, :grin:

:smile:

Ye don’t like it up ye, ye cowardly cunts and ye won’t like it Sunday either.

1 Like

:smile:

Stage 10

1 Like

Helping out with underage teams , have noticed a few problems with hurlers aged 14-16 yr old players , some who are very strong …

Left handed , who turn onto their right and strike every ball , seems to be more prevelent in the leftys for some reason and can be seen all the way down to grassroots…

Before you ask , they all rise the ball the correct way , but is their any advice technically to help improve there other side ?

Or any advice to try and get them to use other side ?

Play constrained games. Or give scores for the skill you want to develop. 3 points for striking “the right” way, 1 for ball to hand any other way. 5 points for maintain possession for 20 seconds.

That kind of thing.

I’m not a fan of “the right way”. If fellas were left alone kore when younger and forgot about the drills they’d self irganise themselves into what suits them best.

Hurling has alot of technical snobbery that actually doesn’t hold any water.

1 Like