Official TFK GE 2011 Exit Poll

As did I Link. Bobby Aylward will be getting my number 1 on Friday

who is the fourth FF man on here???

Is the brother doing any canvassing this time round Link?
Or has he got sense.

Looks like we will be in a worse state than the Belgians when it comes to forming a government if the TFK exit poll is to be believed…

Think that I will vote Green.

They made fools out of themselves in Government but their policies are still the most noble in my view. A lot of the other mainsteam parties seem to be copying them as well such as political reform policies and policies focusing on the green industry.

If not them then Labour, but 90% sure it’ll be Green No 1.

They’re policies are a pile of wishy washy cock. They got fuck all implemented in 4 years in power and bent over while FF took the country to the brink of ruin.

The Greens were the only party which I recall who questioned the developer banker policitian link back at the time of the Celtic Tiger. Soon after they came into Government the whole economy came crashing down which immediately limited the extent of policies which they could implement. Undoubtedly they demonstrated naiveity which is understandable for a first time in government party and stayed in longer than they should in order to get some key bits of legislation through.

Were Sinn Fein not beating the same drum?

What key legislation did they get through?

Shocking double standards here from farmer, sure only a few months ago he was proclaiming he didn’t care for party politics and would always vote for the Leitrim man who would get the potholes filled

Maybe they were but I don’t recall it.

In terms of policies which they got through was around the VRT car emissions link, energy ratings for houses, cycle to work, ban on stag hunting and retaining third level free fees. They were trying to get the Climate Change bill and Corporate Donations through as well which is why they stayed in government.

:smiley:

“Free” fees is a bit misleading. Registration charges are now €2,500 per year to attend 3rd level. These charges were around €750 when I left college in 04.

The cycle to work scheme is a farce and just a way for people to get cheap bicycles. How many people do you know that availed of the scheme who actually cycle to work?

The ban on stag hunting was a joke as well, and a sop to the extremist elements in the Green Party. The focus on stag hunting in particular was because they are the only such hunt in the country and relative soft touch.

expect both of these to go through the roof in the short term.

the greens are finished and good riddance.
the only hope they have of regeneration is to cast out the old guard and rebuild around the “Greens against NAMA” section, at least those lads had one principle they weren’t willing to sacrifice.
Had the Corporate Donations bill succeeded they may actually have made a difference. As it stands, all they succeeded in achieving was propping up the worst government in the history of the state, antagonising rural voters and marginalising the environmental movement.

:clap:

Well said

Which policies of theirs do you agree with particularly, Farmer? Maybe some of these appeal to you…

• Pass into law the Animal Health and Welfare Bill, which outlaws fur farming and the culling of badgers.
• Examine the possibilities of alternatives to live animal exports from Ireland.
• Make it a requirement for all retail outlets to label animal derived material such as fur and/or leather, regardless of the percentage of fur and/or leather in the items.
• Prohibit the trade in animal fur products.
• Implement legislation to end the importation of and trade in exotic species.
• End the use of exotic animals in circuses in the long term.
• In the short term issue a Ministerial Directive to all Local Authorities prohibiting them from providing land to circuses that use exotic animals in their acts.

Oh good, so there’s an economic crisis in this country the likes of which we have never seen before but it’s good to know the Greens priorities are badgers and driving circuses out of business…

Only a despicable right-wing party like the PDs could have survived for any length of time with Fianna Fail. I commend the greens for failing disastrously and proving who’s side they’re really on :clap:

T’would be a poor circus that hadn’t an elephant in the corner.

First they’ll come for Fossetts, then they’ll close the zoo.

The only circus tent they should have been closing was in Ballybrit every summer. They will get the humiliation they deserve for their complicity in FF’s economic treachery this Friday.

Aprt from that they are allright sorts really…

[quote=“Special Olympiakos, post: 566033”]
The only circus tent they should have been closing was in Ballybrit every summer. They will get the humiliation they deserve for their complicity in FF’s economic treachery this Friday.

Aprt from that they are allright sorts really…
[/quote]

:rolleyes:

I thought you were going on a stag this weekend from Friday morning and therefore won’t be voting as it won’t allow you to get home to Roscommon/Leitrim?