Official Waterford Hurling Thread

Well lads it’s the time of the year when us Blaas start ot get excited about our prospects for the year ahead. A few league games under our belts and a few big scalps taken already i firmly believe even more than this time last year that THIS IS OUR YEAR. I believe Davy will have gained huge experience from last years campaign and in fairness to him he was drafted in after the championship got going. Also the players have gotten the semi final monkey off theyr backs and i dont think anything with faze them this year. Granted a mistake was made last weekend but i dont think you’ll see to many more this year. I se ethe Kilkenny lads have the hotels booked for September already but sure we’ll give them an oul game if we meet thme again this year.
Dont stop believin boy.
UPTHEDEISE

[quote=“Cian Foley”]Well lads it’s the time of the year when us Blaas start ot get excited about our prospects for the year ahead. A few league games under our belts and a few big scalps taken already i firmly believe even more than this time last year that THIS IS OUR YEAR. I believe Davy will have gained huge experience from last years campaign and in fairness to him he was drafted in after the championship got going. Also the players have gotten the semi final monkey off theyr backs and i dont think anything with faze them this year. Granted a mistake was made last weekend but i dont think you’ll see to many more this year. I se ethe Kilkenny lads have the hotels booked for September already but sure we’ll give them an oul game if we meet thme again this year.
Dont stop believin boy.
UPTHEDEISE[/quote]

Whatever about yere hurling team is it not a bit embarrassing to call yourself after a bun?

[quote=“Cian Foley”]Well lads it’s the time of the year when us Blaas start ot get excited about our prospects for the year ahead. A few league games under our belts and a few big scalps taken already i firmly believe even more than this time last year that THIS IS OUR YEAR. I believe Davy will have gained huge experience from last years campaign and in fairness to him he was drafted in after the championship got going. Also the players have gotten the semi final monkey off theyr backs and i dont think anything with faze them this year. Granted a mistake was made last weekend but i dont think you’ll see to many more this year. I se ethe Kilkenny lads have the hotels booked for September already but sure we’ll give them an oul game if we meet thme again this year.
Dont stop believin boy.
UPTHEDEISE[/quote]

me oul’ deecee

ye must be in great form there after seeing the state of Tip. Was there dancing on the streets?

I’ll be down in Dungarvan shortly. Can’t wait.

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]me oul’ deecee

ye must be in great form there after seeing the state of Tip. Was there dancing on the streets?

I’ll be down in Dungarvan shortly. Can’t wait.[/quote]

Well girl
Some result alright, always a good day when you see the “traditional” hurling county come a cropper such as they did.
You’ll enjoy Dungarvan some great spots down there for a session

Well Cian, how’s your mother for spuds?

Have you any answer to this?

[quote=“Watch The Break”]Well Cian, how’s your mother for spuds?

Have you any answer to this?[/quote]

I wouldn’t believe it for a minute. There’s always been fellas out to blacken Johns good name at every opportunity.
BTW me ould wan is grand for spuds. Hows your lack for turnips?

[quote=“Cian Foley”]I wouldn’t believe it for a minute. There’s always been fellas out to blacken Johns good name at every opportunity.
BTW me ould wan is grand for spuds. Hows your lack for turnips?[/quote]

Can’t stand them. What’s this talk about saturday night and the boxing? Are there rumblings over it?

no waterford team should ever be allowed play in Croke Park again after the club final last week and the all ireland final last september

Nah just a few muppets going berserk over a small issue. Davy knows what he’s doing. We’re not going out to win the league, that was never the intention. I think you’ll more measured performances from us this year leading up tp a peak towards the end of the championship.
Glad to see Davy finally gave Power a chance in goal. He’s some operator and would be a great addition to the team with his long range puck outs landing down on top of Ken and John

[quote=“Cian Foley”]Nah just a few muppets going berserk over a small issue. Davy knows what he’s doing. We’re not going out to win the league, that was never the intention. I think you’ll more measured performances from us this year leading up tp a peak towards the end of the championship.
Glad to see Davy finally gave Power a chance in goal. He’s some operator and would be a great addition to the team with his long range puck outs landing down on top of Ken and John[/quote]

He made a bit of a blunder apologising for it on national television so. Wouldn’t imagine Fitzy has even remote interest in the league. If he tightens up the full-back line the munster championship would be on the cards for ye big time this year. Will take a major battle plan to topple Kilkenny though.

Who are the selectors with Davy…Peter Quelly and who else…Hopefully they are shrewder on the sideline than Davy…

Waterford are going nowhere…

I admire your optimism cian but dream on boy.

Maurice Geary is the other, managed Ballyduff upper to County Glory in 2007

Waterford are going nowhere…

Is Bertie Sherlock still involved, heard he is over the Clare camogie team but is normally involved in every team Davy trains/manages?

Clare are going nowhere…

The only place Clare is going is back into Limerick.

He was earlier on just befor ethe league started but i honestly couldn’t tell you now. Like you said he was like Davys shadow up to now. In fairness i think Davy should be well able to coach the goalkeepers himself at this stage

Cracking.