Oktoberfest

It wouldn’t be my cup of tea, but, what the lady wants the lady gets.

4 Likes

That’s nice. A gentleman in the truest sense of the word.

The Frauleinsthat I’ve come across in Munich are fair goers. Fine birds most of them

That’s a women :clap: Disregard the second picture down obviously :open_mouth:

That’s a winner rating, these hipsters are going against thousands of years of the male form.

I’ve been to it a few times but not for a good few years now. I’d be in Munich a bit as I have a sister who’s lived there for years. Better off going to it on a weekday. At weekends the place is crawling with stag parties and the type of annoying Australian backpacker you see at the tennis at Wimbledon. Its a good day out if you get in early enough in the morning and get seating.

As regards prices, the last time I was there, was actually pre-euro days. It was 2.5 deutsche marks to the old Irish punt back then. It was 5 marks for one of those big litre jugs of proper beer. I doubt its that now. No cover charge to the tents back then but that may all have changed now.

1 Like

Anyone at this last in Limerick? It started last night and will be in Limerick over the weekend as well.

I forgot about it. Might go down Sunday.

Yeah i wouldn’t mind finding out if it’s worth ambling down first. Think the only chance i’d have of making it is Saturday night mind and even then it’s slim chance.

Anyone at this Oktoberfest beag thing in Limerick last year and if so was it worth the time? It is held at King John’s castle end of October.

http://oktoberfestbeag.ie

This started last night at King Johns castle in Limerick and runs until Monday night. Anyone been? Is it worth going?

Supposed to be a good laugh

I’ll head in so

I went to the real deal this year on a stag for 3 nights on the last weekend and it was the best drinking trip I ever went on,place is fucking mental but it’s something every man should make their business of going to at some stage.

2 Likes

Dangerous place for a stag there is always a few wake cunts* who wouldn’t drink fuck all…what happens to them lads?

(*I’d fall into this category nowadays. I’m game but useless)

2 Likes

My Munich friends tell me there is an Oktoberfest in April which is much smaller,less well known and generally better.

1 Like

Rounds go out the window very fast after that go at your own pace or you will get wrecked,one of the older lads in the group who would be a seasoned drinker went through 9 of those litre glasses went buck ape and shat himself before passing out in his hotel room,he had the fear the next day so was content to buy a traditional hat and stick to sipping away.

4 Likes

There was a lad raped at it last year

How were the half chickens?

Ha ha ffs…I’ve never gotten to the shirting myself point thankfully