Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

Waterford are also quite good

There is nothing up the middle, Coleman completely lost in the game

He was a good hurler, of course he was, he was well worth his place on great Cork teams.
I have a vague memory of that 85 Munster final, I donā€™t recall JBM giving an exhibition at all, probably got a few scores but he always got a few scores.

They are. They have a gameplan like Cork. However they have aggression and dogs.
Cork relying on athlethism and skill.

2 Likes

Nash or more likely Oā€™Donovan Iā€™d say. Heā€™s a classy player heā€™d get in there somewhere. Anyway, enough about Limerick, the Limerickers would sicken your hole, etc.

No. Just no. Heā€™s good but Waterford have better let alone Limerick

Ah sure they only called the throw for the first few weeks of the league. Back to normal now

That looked nasty by the cork number 2.

A lengthy ban might be appropriate.

Theyā€™d be calling for jail if a Limerickman did it.

9 Likes

Trampish. Far worse than what Austin Gleeson did last week

2 Likes

Fair point

1st time Cork are matched athletically and the whole game plan unravels. Cathrach Daly is fine thing. Does Cahill/Waterford pull up the handbrake here with the championship in mind and not tipping their hand too much. They can have another few goals here if they really want too. And this with Dessie having an absolute mere. Cork could still push this to the wire of Waterford do not go full throttle.

The old cliche about any inter-county goalkeeper being a good shot-stopper is being given the lie by Collins.

He isnā€™t.

2 Likes

They seem completely sold on him compared to the WD situation where theyā€™ve looked at options before making one stick.

As I said previously the rule should be changed to a clear and obvious release and striking motions.

Or in other words the player has to release and then a seperate motion to strike with the palm. Majority of ā€œhand passesā€ are lads releasing and striking in the same motion, just open the fingers to accentuate the strike.

If the ref canā€™t see the ball clearly leaving the hand before the strike then blow for a free. Players and coaches will adapt fairly quickly.

3 Likes

Is GAA the only sport that lads think teams donā€™t want to win a final lest ā€œthey show their handā€

Waterford will do all they can to win this

1 Like

Is Dessie playing?

They canā€™t count the steps ffs sake

Is there another sport that has such a big pre season competition?

Cork have done a lot well despite trailing by 6 and only scoring 10, just need to compete in the second half

Itā€™s a tough game to ref the speed I/C players play. I think a couple of small tweaks to the rules would make it easier to ref and a better spectacle too.

1 Like