Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

Fuck sake. Laois down 8. Get it back to 2 with 6 in a row.And now back out to 10 before half time.

3-10 to 0-9

Jesus. Christ

5-12
0-11

To be fair to Clare they are missing Tony Kelly and Peter Duggan I suppose. Although Wexford are missing Lee Chin.

Crotty is a good one.

1 Like

5-12 to 0-11 here at HT. Wd headed into a 1-7 to 0-2 lead after 17 minutes. Laois had hit 7 horrible wides by this point. Waterford goal came from Carthach Daly. Laois then hit 6 in a row and the home crowd were getting restive. Austin then lit up proceedings with a goal for the ages. Hopefully the cameras are here and we can see it on League Sunday.

Waterford then scored three more goals, one from Patrick Curran (I think) and two from Stephen Bennett as the Laois defence buckled under the onslaught.

Tadgh de Burca started to the considerable pleasure of the home crowd and is giving a typical display. New man Ciaran Kirwan started well, Michael Kiely made no impression and was called in for an early shower to be replaced by Billy Power. Both Power and Kiely missed gilt edged goal chances.

Laois’s main attacking gambit is Enda Rowlands frankly incredible puck outs which are landing in the Waterford small parallelogram.

3 Likes

O’Connor fairly played for that free. Was going nowhere

1 man inside the 45 isn’t gonna give you must respite. I love Cheddar but he needs to find a happy medium between safety and playing the game, because the safety option ain’t proving too fucking safe right now. You can’t invite teams onto you for 70 minutes. Also this long rage shooting is too hit and miss.

Rowland is a monster but sometimes you don’t need to go for the fast ball every time

Only turned 19 last month.

The way he’s been playing, it’s hard to see him not starting?

I thought he looked good against us in the Munster League, and he made an impact against Cork too.

Conor Mac is having one of those days where he doesn’t want to know about it. Got a lovely pick pocket point in first half and has rarely won a ball since

1 Like

They’ve played conventional enough up front with five up most of the time but left de Burca free which is not a great tactical move.

He looks very awkward

The standard is very poor

Red Card Laois no 13

Jack O’ Connor hurling very well this year.

Did Michael Kiely start? He was not named in the team I got sent on?

Abbeyside’s Michael Kiely?

Ciaran Kirwan is said to have scored the 5th goal.

Do you really hope it?

We’re having a really poor second half here so far.

1 Like

Wexford’s “shoot from anywhere at all” tactic here in the second half is not working

Heap of wides in Ennis