Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

Ken McGrath for me. An outstanding hurler who could play anywhere.

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:summertime will tell

My God summer in Munster will be interesting

Best Waterford hurler ever in my opinion

Ye are back boi.

Will make for a big crowd down below at Easter.

1 Like

I’ll say this. Limerick have the best management team, genuinely. Confident enough to play full stakes poker. Rest the players through the winter to peak them for championship. Fcuk the league.

Tony Browne was by far the greatest hurler Waterford has ever produced

2 Likes

I was impressed with how Cork used Collins to beat the Limerick press. A definite lesson learned from last year’s AI Final.

1 Like

Austin is Paul Flynn, Ken McGrath, Big Dan, John Mullane and Tony Browne all rolled into one.

Ken is the best player I’ve seen in my time but @Fagan_ODowd probably has a few favourites from his generation

Ken was a fine hurler, as way Browne but Paul Flynn could do things in his prime that no other hurler in the country could do at the time. He was special and should have won more than one all star.

1 Like

Paul Flynn falls into the Bubbles category of best hurler but not necessarily the best player so to speak.

Austin and Ken are better overall players imho.

2 Likes

Good bit of needle and bite about that game. I enjoyed that aspect of it. Second half was fairly putrid to watch with the two red cards. Almost hilarious to listen to both sides of the crowd around me moan whenever a free was given for a throw too. Good performance in the first half from Cork, very impressed with work rate and turnovers won. Fitzgibbon probably MOTM but Joyce was terrific. What a prospect he is.

Having said all that Limerick were very poor. Such an enormous gap between Quaid and his understudy.

Onwards we go. Today was a step in the right direction but Limerick will be a different animal come the end of April.

4 Likes

Who were the two lads commentating on Live 95 fm? Had them on for the first half coming back from Tullamore. Think the colour guy may have been James Ryan. The main fella was an awful try hard - he was no Mal Keaveney

As an aside, TuneIn radio has gone to shit, riddled with ads which wasn’t the case before.

Radio Garden is the app you need.

4 Likes

I thought Joyce was your best player, really good. Poor game as a spectacle but the wind first and then the red cards fucked it.

For anybody in any doubt about why Quaid is so important, that’s as good an example as you will see.

2 Likes

Does it have the bbc radio channels?

Lesson’s learned

So will Cork be a different animal
Learned a lot from today
Limerick looked vv uncomfortable at times