Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

Wexford and Cork guaranteed league semi-final places now. Hopefully Darragh Egan can go a step further than Davy in 2017 and 2018. Wexford never showed up at all in the league semi against Kilkenny in 2018.

I saw five minutes of the opening half but there was a clear example why Horgan is not Elite anymore at this level.

The ball was hit towards the top left of the field. Horgan came out and won it and sort of turned left and then immediately turned back right and threw it over the bar.

If he backed himself And stayed going when he turned left heā€™d have been clean through for a simple goal.

Iā€™m amazed it wasnā€™t pointed out on tv by the commentators.

Cork are definitely on an upward curve.

Was at the game, it was fairly mehā€¦ hoggy is like the messi of hurling, some of his touches were sublime, I thought the no 14 for Galway was very lively but overall it was poor enough alright

3 Likes

Genuinely unsure as to whether youā€™re being satirical or serious about Horgan?

Hopefully for the sake of the league semi finals it will turn out to be a munster v leinster clash in both. If its cork v Waterford and wexford v kk/dublin we will only shadow boxing in both

1 Like

With the league so close to championship Im not sure youā€™d want to be in the final.

Surely most of Wexford/Cork/Kilkenny/Dublin would be desperate for a league title success. Wexford for instance havenā€™t won one since 1973. Think Kilkenny earned a holiday to Australia for winning it in 2018. Itā€™s a National honour and those have been scarce enough for any of those counties of late with Limerick dominating the All-Ireland scene.

That was a very poor standard really. Nowt to worry the big guns.

Their is 4 of them with the 1 log in so dont worry.

Was it just a very loose game or was the standard of play poor.
Missed seeing any of the games yesterday.
I heard moss of the Dublin v kK game on RTƉ radio 1. Dublin seemed to be cleaned out by KK and were a beaten docket as soon as Walter Walsh scored the first goal early in the second half. Dublin were competitive enough in the first half but hit way too many wides.
Dublin were missing Oā€™Donnell at short notice before that game but Iā€™d say that performance and the manner of the defeat will have them worried.

Iā€™m surprised that Dublin capitulated so easy, thatā€™s not a great KK team. I thought Dublin had a bit about them this year.

1 Like

They definitely seemed to be ahead of the pack in fitness terms and physicality at the start this year. Maybe teams are catch up now.
The goal flattened them and KK seemed to to able to fire over scores without hitting any or many wides which was in complete contrast to Dublin who fired wides without hitting many scores.
All the Dublin full forward line were subbed off and according to the commentators the KK half back line hit 5 points from play such was their dominance in that area of the field.

1 Like

It was very loose. Lads tried but you could kind of tell their hearts werenā€™t in it. Galway truthfully were poor, but thatā€™s not surprising in many ways. I was surprised how not much better cork were though.

Watching highlights of Dublin v Kilkenny here on GAA Beo. The commentator (TomĆ”s Mac a TĆ­r?) has the mellifluous tones of the great MicheĆ”l Ɠ SĆ©.

There is a strong breeze straight down the ground in Walsh Park today. Blowing into the Keaneā€™s Road goal.

Breen has days like this when everything goes over. Hope it last today

We are going well but a strong wind.

8-3

Micheal O Se voice was iconic, especially when only a few TV games every year

1 Like

Anyone know why I canā€™t view Clare-Limerick when itā€™s supposed to be on TG4 player?

Curran flying. Bit more freedom out the field could suit him