OTB (Off The Ball)

Lord knows why, who the fuck wants to listen to a premier league match in its entirety on the radio, as if to prove my point they did have Bournemouth and Southampton yesterday lunchtime, on fucking Irish radio :open_mouth:

2 Likes

You must wonder what the listenership is for that? Similar to Today FM still doing live Saturday’s 3pm kick-offs.

Who would actually bother sitting there listening to a game when if you really wanted to see a game nowadays there’d be a stream for it.

Maybe auld lads and lads driving who aren’t really into music? I’m a football fan but it wouldn’t be arsed unless maybe it was some very very big game.

That’s about it, the fact that they have a commentator and colour analyst in a box in Bournemouth is beyond bizarre, in truth I’d have it on in the background sometimes cause I can’t be arsed changing over but who the fuck is actively listening to Soton/Bournemouth, to think that they scrap the paper review and all the decent shit for that rubbish :hushed:

I follow Off The Ball on twitter for GGA related content so tweets about the likes of rugby football and the EPL League don’t interest me.

They had a thing going for ages where they’d tweet commentary clips - “click to hear how Dave McIntyre & Gary Breen saw Charlie Austin’s near miss for the Saints at Turf Moor - live commentary now on Newstalk” type stuff. That may be over 140/280 characters but along those lines.

I replied one random Sunday to such a tweet from @OffTheBall basically saying surely there’s only about 17 people in Ireland who care about Bournemouth-Watford and they’re probably watching it on Sky.

Adrian Barry went apoplectic and I had a to and fro with him. Then he retweeted his tweets and my replies - “here’s the petty criticism we get for providing a great service to Irish fans of the EPL” - and I had a series of Fergals from Dungarvan, massive Middlesboro’ fan, type psychos tweeting me.

I was very very upset.

27 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Not the first time I had somebody engage their entire twitter following and invite them to attack me unfairly. It was a frightfully distressing experience.

3 Likes

Is that Richie Sadlier, Shane Lowry or The 51 Bar you’re referring to?

the orish are obssessed with British culture in general and ape their betters are every opportunity, I raised this very point recently, wall to wall coverage of British soccer every Saturday even on the likes of Clare and Limerick fm, you wouldn’t even get that in London

4 Likes

Sad cases spending their weekends dressed to the 9s in their favourite soccer team kit, cunts that wouldn’t find Liverpool on a map claiming to be die hard fans

1 Like

Very true,ha ha.

Yeah everything is better in England with them clowns

1 Like

You get a better class of Britishness in Britain.

I caught a snippet of this in the car tonight. Yer man Joe Molloy was talking to some chap, maybe a Dublin footballer, I don’t know who got 385 points in the leaving then went to college later did a BA and got a first.

Joe Molloy says, well do you think it was because you were older. I mean I went to college at 18 did a BA but I had it in mind to have few pints and chase a few women. I got a 2.1. I often think if I’d studied a bit I’d have got a first.

8 Likes

That Molly lad is 2 ends of a fucking geebag

11 Likes

Smarmy clever clogs know it all kunt

1 Like

Kunt?

Do people still listen to this show ?

Yes, they had an excellent piece on Niall Donoghue recently

2 Likes

Snippets. It seems.

Have to say this was a fairly powerful piece also. I never really read too much on the Derry O’Rourke abuse cases within the swimming world. Pretty shocking stuff.