OTB (Off The Ball)

I don’t think that is cynical they worked a fair bit together for a few years.

With Zidane and Beckham?

With Zidane.

And?

Was zidane the greateat player of his time? & fat ronaldo,yes imo

why couldnt he hack it in serie a then?

Zidane was su h a skillful player and from that era i think he was probably was the mist talanted. Its a good question, he was in defensively the best league in italy and to be honest i stopped watching seria a in early 90s but still saw him in cl at for france where he always stoid out skill and intelligence. With that french team he was surrounded by fabtastic defensive players which really allowed him to flourish. Which is odd as he was also surriunded by great defensive player at juve . You have obviously watched him in italian league so would be interested in your thoughts on this. He also got a dream move to madrid and was fantastic with them. I do still thinkk from what i saw of him he was top 2/3 of that era. Who would you rate above him?

Apologies for some shocking spelling phone screen in bits here and predictive not working😒

1 Like

Zidane was a player who would flit in and out of games, he could decide it with bits of magic but he could equally be utterly anonymous or peripheral in the course of a game. He was the ultimate highlights package player.

Nedved > Zidane for Juventus, without question.

He was completely overshadowed by Ronaldinho who dominated the league during his time in Spain

1 Like

He was unreal alrite, lost his way a bit after barca and would have been a great move to utd if he went that time. Zidane was just so skillful and great to watch and did it when it counted. Surprised with nembo to compare him with nedved. And pogba - poor mans toure.

Nedved was a much better player for Juventus and in Serie A as well.

Pogba is different class, utterly destroyed City last night. People like to look back at Zidane with rose tinted spec, a brilliant player in his own right but also the ultimate highlights package player, he could be utterly anonymous and peripheral for large courses of games. In his time in Serie A he was in Totti’s shadow, it was Totti who Perez moved for first.

1 Like

Toure was dragging his arse around the other night. Pogba is the real deal.

Yaya Toure is nothing but a show pony and a flat track bully. Vastly overrated

4 Likes

Yaya Toure and Man City will do it against the turd teams in the PL. When the real stuff gets under way in the CL he is always found wanting.

Well nobody bought the chap a birthday cake so what do they expect.

1 Like

He got one this year, its all saaaaaaaaaaaarted innit.

Yaya Toure is a Champions League winner. He’s a top, top player. I remember him playing centre back in the final in 2009 and strolling through the game, albeit the opposition were muck.

messi and co can carry anyone to the top.

Unless he doesn’t like you. Then you’re out.