OTB (Off The Ball)

What kind of misfits go to these Off The Ball roadshows?

Broadcasting from Copper’s this evening with Joe Molloy and Ger Gilroy chatting to Pat Nevin and Tony Cascarino.

1 Like

Peter Reid & John Hartson on earlier with Kilbane chirping in from time to time.

Pat Nevin was very good talking about his father.

Pat Nevin: Have a guess at my brothers name
Cascarino: Patrick

5 Likes

Ah fucking Cas the legend, that’s nearly as good as the Charlie Haughey owning a teashop story.

Cass is the craic. He told a story there about giving up football altogether when he was 19 and going working as a hairdresser because he fancied a mot in the hairdressers who looked like.Blondie. He tried to ride her for 2 years with no joy. Blondie then decided to leave the hairdressers. Cas.was.disgusted so he left too and went back playing ball!

1 Like

cool story bro’

Pat Nevin the Chelsea rat

1 Like

Never let it be said in life that Cascarino didn’t follow his cock throughout life.

2 Likes

This fuckin clown hosting the show didn’t know the clubs used to represent counties in all Ireland’s in GAA. Yet knows about the most useless bit of information on American football.

3 Likes

He was at that Craic of congratulating himself on his previous interview there a while ago. I wouldn’t mind but it was a shite interview.*

*figuratively . I definitely would mind.

1 Like

a complete eejit whoever he was
he also didnt know or had never heard of Clayton Blackmore and he was there tying to host a discusion with Kilbane about players who had great potential as a teenager but never made it.
i understand that your average joe soap may not have my knowledge of football but i thought this was a shocker, Kilbane is too nice a guy to embarrass him but you could hear he was suprised at the complete lack of knowledge … classic sky sports football punter who thinks football began with the EPL in 1992/93…
i got annoyed too when he was cutting accros Dan Macdonnell and Stuey Byrne on the LOI section like a fool, he just got shown up, those lads know their stuff , just leave them at it

2 Likes

That show has too much soccer.

1 Like

Don’t worry, the rugby is back this weekend

1 Like

Dead right. It was embarrassing. He had no fucking idea who Russell Beardsmore was…

1 Like

was it Beardsmore or Blackmore?

Beardsmore pal. But everything else you said was spot on.

yeah, i dont know why they have a football show thats dedicated 9-10 when they spend the rest of it making banter about the EPL
if there was any interest in the all ireland hurling final they would i suppose do a bit on that but as they read this forum they probably gauged the country couldnt give a single fuck about it

that’s some solace anyway

2 Likes

His ignorance of loads of shit is startling.He has the Newstalk disease of loving to hear himself talk. Id say he caught it off the morning cunt O Donnell.