Pants Down (Laaaaive in the UK)

The Sun deserves to be closed down over this. No evidence Edwards has done anything wrong and clearly has massive public sympathy in Britain.

4 Likes

What happened?

I hope Murdoch lives until he’s 200 so the world still has time to completely destroy the cnut.

It seems that Edwards did no more than pay the OnlyFans account or some such of an adult. The Sun framed their reporting to lead the public into thinking he was a paedophile.

It’s hard to think this isn’t linked to politics in some way.

1 Like

Harry Cole is the political editor of The Sun:

The Tories went after the BBC quite disgracefully too

Its quite a common theme from years ago when homophobia was rampant that people would equate being gay to being a paedophile and going after children. More and more this type of attitude is coming back and you can see it in the comments there, lots being utterly homophobic and implying that he is a paedo.

And fuck the sun. I hope it burns

5 Likes

Let it burn :fire:

1 Like

For 35k though?

If it was a 17 year old girl in question with a married man of 60 years of age would you be as forgiving?

Its not a pleasant story - interesting that you’re going to bat for him though given there’s a niche lgbtq+ element.

Its the shits, its the danger of the internet and being a bit fucked up. Leads down bad paths not becoming of a man of that stature.

25 years ago, outside a stripclub or some, a friend says ‘time for you to fuck off home’.

I wonder is there a bit more to this though. If it was a totally above board transaction via a platform like onlyfans I doubt there would have been so much discussion over it since the weekend. Was there a 2nd person to come forward too with complaints?

Maybe I’m wrong to be fair. The optics aren’t good though anyway.

1 Like

I’m not so sure to be honest.

I think the Sun’s reporting is trash but I don’t believe if a BBC make presenter was sexting a 17/18 year old female that a rag like that wouldn’t make it a story.

1 Like

It was two women have come forward so far isn’t it? Or in one case her parents.

Not sure if it’s a girl or a boy tbh

A number of BBC staff have now also come forward and the BBC have re-opened there investigations.

Vindication for the scousers

Whatever about the legality of it.

I’d say his arse is fairly cooked, career wise, given all the different strands of it